IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've done my research on various products that will help turn my coming STI LTD, into 'my' car.

Here's what I have so far to attain my goals for my car...

2007 STI Limited MODS:

Suspension Goals: Lower ride height, less body roll (compared to my 04 STi), firmer suspension feel, forgiving ride.
-Whiteline FSB
-Whiteline RSB
-RCE springs
-Group N top hats
ORDERED from Race Comp. (Thanks Mike :tup:)

Exhaust Goals: I want a high-flow exhaust (3" for possible Turbo upgrade plans in the future), that is quiet. I've been through too many loud exhausts, but don't want to sacrifice power for dB's. A solid setup for this seems to be
-Cobb DP, MP
-Maddad Whisper Catback

EM Goals: Ease of use, good power increase, pro-tune availability.
Cobb AP --> Stage II
ProTune

Body goals: I love the rally look of the STI wing, but then I also have hesitations about messing up the sleeper/clean look of the Ltd setup. This is a big question mark still in my mind.
I just worry that the hood scoop, with nothing to counter-balance it on the rear of the car, will look like something is missing... =lame.
1) OEM Wing + Roof Vane to replace the current trunk lip spoiler
or
2) Leave stock trunk lip and get roof vane
or
3) Just aftermarket Wing
or
4) leave it stock (lip) w/ no addition

I need some opinions for this setup. Will the exhaust and EM setup I've described be good for a solid current setup, but still leave room for future upgrades (BT)?
What about the or spoiler vs. no spoiler idea?

I had to post this thread in General since it isn't specific to only one area of the car lol...

Opinons and thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
WhyteSTI

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
If you are going to turn your Limited into a regular STi, why didn't you buy a regular STi? The look of the Limited is what you are going for, right? If not, then you are wasting your money. Oh, of course IMHO.

CB

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sweet man, you bought an 07 Limited in Pearl White ? Thats awsome !

The EM setup you have is very good in the fact that it will allow room for further mods (headers, some intakes, and other things)provided that you get it ProTuned. The AP is also great for mods up to a swapped turbo ! So ur good to go there...

The wing no wing debate, in my opinion i would leave the car the way it is..its looks really freakin nice...but i think i would want some goldies under there. Even though the limited is more civilized, its still and STI and STIs love gooooldddd. Take care man and good luck with you car !

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
The performance mods sound fine, but I'm going to have to agree with fastcb here. Why mess with the exterior of the car when paid for a Limited? Throw a STi wing and roof vane on there and you'll have a regular STI with cheaper and heavier wheels that you paid too much for.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'm more into the creature comforts. The leather interior, leather heated seats, sunroof, nicer looking center console (IMO of course ;)), trunk passthrough, aux input (both of which are found on the regular '07 STI, I know), and the V-limited lip are what sold me on the Ltd.

The wheels will eventually be my winter setup. When I can slowly garner enough cash after all the other stuff I want to do first, I'll get some lightweight wheels for my summer setup.

The wing, to me, is what an STI is. I never liked the WRX wing, and don't really care for a full wingless lid, but the lip spoiler is new territory for me. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. But, there's nothing like seeing a big-ass winged STI go ripping by on the streets :D

Thanks boosting04, that's good info. And yes, the SWP Ltd is en route as we speak.

Any other opinions? How's that exhaust setup for quiet tone, but still the ferocious power that the STI can unleash?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Just keep in mind that swapping a trunk with wing will require painting because the ivory white color is exclusive to the Limited.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I REALLY like the rear lip, I think it gives the rear a sharp clean look.

Plus, in my (two days of) experience with the car, I don't get gawked at by the average person, but fellow Subaru owners (or other enthusiasts) know that I'm driving an STi, and really seem to like it. It makes me feel like I'm driving a sleeper, which I like.

Congrats on the car, I can't wait to see what the white looks like!

·
OT stealth mod
4,261 Posts
Yes, make sure you trade trunk lids with someone, don't put that to waste if.

Otherwise, mods look good, cobb ap for EM is the best IMHO.

·
Registered
211 Posts
WhyteSTI said:
Thanks all. I'm waiting on a member to post pics of the Ltd trunk lip spoiler with the roof vane added (he drives an '06). I think that'll help make up my mind as to what I want to do.
you do realize the o6 regular STi has basicly a platform where the vane mounts? and is not flat like 04-05 and limited

·
OT stealth mod
4,261 Posts
STi489 said:
you do realize the o6 regular STi has basicly a platform where the vane mounts? and is not flat like 04-05 and limited
:confused:

Are you saying that it is more difficult to mount on the limiteds and 04-05? Because i'm sure its not....hell, i just saw pics of an 02 bugeye with one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
dailydriversti said:
:confused:

Are you saying that it is more difficult to mount on the limiteds and 04-05? Because i'm sure its not....hell, i just saw pics of an 02 bugeye with one.

more difficult than what ..one that comes with it alrdy? obviously is doesen't have the platform and mounting holes so umm yea...and doubt it would be as strong

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
STi489 said:
more difficult than what ..one that comes with it alrdy? obviously is doesen't have the platform and mounting holes so umm yea...and doubt it would be as strong
What are you talking about exactly?
The mounting brackets themselves that I'd have to have colour matched and drilled into the C-pillar? That's obvious though... I'd get the brackets, have it drilled into the metal, and voila. I know people have done it, and seen pictures of it being done, so I doubt it's a hard install.

·
Registered
211 Posts
WhyteSTI said:
What are you talking about exactly?
The mounting brackets themselves that I'd have to have colour matched and drilled into the C-pillar? That's obvious though... I'd get the brackets, have it drilled into the metal, and voila. I know people have done it, and seen pictures of it being done, so I doubt it's a hard install.

i can't find the pic...but if you take off the vane you can see the reinforced platforms it mounts on...it does not mount to a flush roofline and i have seen it done but i doubt its as durable

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
STi489 said:
i can't find the pic...but if you take off the vane you can see the reinforced platforms it mounts on...it does not mount to a flush roofline and i have seen it done but i doubt its as durable
Thanks man, appreciate the info. That's too bad about the difference in mounting... would have made life easier.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
STi489 said:
Sorry for the off topic post, but are you sure that the there's a platform that the roof vane mounts to, and that the c-pillar is not flat? I'd really like to ditch the roof vane on my '06 and plug the holes, but I'll have to re-think doing this if there's a platform built into the outside of the c-pillar.

·
OT stealth mod
4,261 Posts
Deuce Cam said:
Sorry for the off topic post, but are you sure that the there's a platform that the roof vane mounts to, and that the c-pillar is not flat? I'd really like to ditch the roof vane on my '06 and plug the holes, but I'll have to re-think doing this if there's a platform built into the outside of the c-pillar.
No, it just bolts on, you can fill the holes.

There are brackets that bolt into the c pillars, then the vane bolts onto that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts