IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Trying to find some mod-friendly dealers in the tri-state area...preferably southeast PA, outside Philly. I have been hearing horror stories about dealers that see you've performed modifications and they report you to Subaru of America. Then SOA voids your warranty. While I know they cannot do this legally without cause and that they need to prove your mod caused the problem, I hear it is still happening. To avoid the issue altogether, I wanted to see who knows which dealers are "friendly" towards mods and will still perform service even after you've made you've replaced some things.
Lets get this thread going for everyone in the area...so we all know where to go in the future.
Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Rafferty Subaru in Newtown square hasnt said anything yet about my exhaust and I have taken it there a few times.. but I still have a stock downpipe, so a catback may not do anything in their minds.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Fred Beans leaves my car alone, especially seeing as how they sell after-market parts for Evos and STI's. Although, for the most part, i never go there anymore, even my routine maintenance is done by my own mechanic, i just keep super detailed records.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rafferty Subaru in Newtown square hasnt said anything yet about my exhaust and I have taken it there a few times.. but I still have a stock downpipe, so a catback may not do anything in their minds.
I am on my 3rd Subaru all of which come from Subaru of Morristown (NJ) They have been an amazing dealer to deal with for sales. I have always taken that can there for service. I have become friendly with one of the service writers who also has a modded older WRX. I put on a Cobb Ti cutback and I was talking to her about the suspension mods that I want to do I was telling her that once my lease is up, I will purchase the car and she just said to be sure that I'm going to buy before doing too many mods...but she said some dealers might complain even about the exhaust. It's now been in for 3 services since I did the exhaust and they have not said a word.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts