IW STi Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 2040 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,082
MK'S Limited *Updated 6/19 The Build Is Completely Done! GT52 Results!*

Alright everyone the car is completely done! the car was towed over to P&L Motorsports where they pulled the tranny, and discovered a completely shot stock clutch. the springs had no tension in them whatsoever, except for one & their was a huge burn mark from getting toasted from the new power...so i had P&L throw in the Exedy Carbon D Twin Plate Clutch. as many of you know im meticulous with my car and i wont let anyone touch my car to work on it, however after working for 4 weeks straight on my build, i decided i was not in the mood to do a clutch job for another week so i just had P&L do it.

So The new stuff is as follows:

Exedy Carbon D Twin Plate Clutch
Amsoil 75W90 AP1 GL-4 Synthetic Transmission Oil
New Subaru OEM Throw Out Bearing
New Subaru OEM Pilot Bearing
Put on the Volk Centercaps
Desided to not use the JDM license Plate Bracket
Thermotech Adhesive Backet Barrier for Heatshield
Samco Sport Turbo Inlet Pipe
Samco Sport After Maf Pipe
Remflex Down-Pipe to Mid-pipe Gasket

Pictures:
the beautiful new clutch!:D

Oppps It's already installed:p

the blown stocker:mad::mad::tdown::tdown:

how she sits as of 10 minutes ago....

First off i have to say is that the APS inlet pipe is complete junk, and i recomend samco to anyone who needs a new inlet pipe....here is the piece that saved me!!!

more new parts!

Whatcha Thinkin' Iwsti'ers

MK

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Re: MK'S Limited *Updated 6/19 The Build Is Completely Done! GT52 Results!*

MK your car = Teh Sex! :eek: :D :tup: I'm actually thinking about getting a Samco Inlet instead of the APS due to all the fittament problems people have with them. :tdown: :mad:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

MK are you really going to make me get rid of my aps inlet....?

Car is looking sick bro! Can't wait to see it in person :D

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,085

MK your car = Teh Sex! :eek: :D :tup: I'm actually thinking about getting a Samco Inlet instead of the APS due to all the fittament problems people have with them. :tdown: :mad:
thanks alot man...you should definatlely get the samco instead!!!! i was going to post a full review of the aps vs. the samco, but i've been so fuggin busy its rediculous, but within the week i will write a extensive review...

MK are you really going to make me get rid of my aps inlet....?

Car is looking sick bro! Can't wait to see it in person :D
get rid of that ****!!!!!! its like a walk in the park for the samco vs. climbing mount everest...

MK

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

get rid of that ****!!!!!! its like a walk in the park for the samco vs. climbing mount everest...
MK
Yeah but only the strong can climb Mt. Everest..... ;)

I'm thinking about dumping my aps inlet but I am deleting my TGVs anyways so that manifold will be off regardless... might as well stick with it!?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,087

the hard part of the aps install is not removing the manifold, its getting the stupid offset connector to join from the turbo to the inlet pipe....trust me the aps sucks ass....its no better than the samco, and the samco is 1000000000x's easier to get in.....

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

the hard part of the aps install is not removing the manifold, its getting the stupid offset connector to join from the turbo to the inlet pipe....trust me the aps sucks ass....its no better than the samco, and the samco is 1000000000x's easier to get in.....
But should I be expecting this issue with the stock turbo?? I'm assuming you were installing the inlet once your gt52 was on right?

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts

as many of you know im meticulous with my car and i wont let anyone touch my car to work on it, however after working for 4 weeks straight on my build, i decided i was not in the mood to do a clutch job for another week so i just had P&L do it.
Translated: I don't know how and didn't want to because it's a pain in the ass.

:lol:

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,688 Posts

How many clutches have you gone through with this car?!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts

Nice numbers MK. [edit]Nice numbers for that dynojet.[/edit] The numbers are where you wanted them, so good stuff.

Too bad about the issues on the track though but glad the new clutch sorted that out.

I think you ****ed something on the APS inlet install. The GT52 and the APS inlet will work. I'm proof positive of that. Mine went in without a hitch, with the exact same turbo... but different UP/manifold. So something must have been off right from the start since I've had no issues. Yeah it's a PITA to pull the manifold, but it's probably the best inlet out there. Hard pipe > silicone.

So to those that are discounting the APS inlet because of MK's experience, take it with a grain of salt. It's not "complete junk." A LOT of people are running it without issue on a variety of turbos, including the one MK is running.

With that said though, I will give you the fact that the install is way harder than a silicone pipe.

Anyway bro, nice numbers :tup:, nice wheels :tup:, nice install :tup:, and glad everything worked out for you.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,097

But should I be expecting this issue with the stock turbo?? I'm assuming you were installing the inlet once your gt52 was on right?
my guess is that you probably wont have any of the fitiment issues i ran into, its just that a big stock location turbo creates all those issues...

No mani pulls for the samco
you only dont have to pull the manifold on the samco if you have a 07, other wise you have to because usually the fuel pressure regulator is in the way, but on the 07's its on the outside by the fuel rail....

How many clutches have you gone through with this car?!
this is my first replacement....

good job on the clutch. now gimme back my brakes!!!!
we'll do the brake swap friday whenever u want...

Nice numbers MK. [edit]Nice numbers for that dynojet.[/edit] The numbers are where you wanted them, so good stuff.

Too bad about the issues on the track though but glad the new clutch sorted that out.

I think you ****ed something on the APS inlet install. The GT52 and the APS inlet will work. I'm proof positive of that. Mine went in without a hitch, with the exact same turbo... but different UP/manifold. So something must have been off right from the start since I've had no issues. Yeah it's a PITA to pull the manifold, but it's probably the best inlet out there. Hard pipe > silicone.

So to those that are discounting the APS inlet because of MK's experience, take it with a grain of salt. It's not "complete junk." A LOT of people are running it without issue on a variety of turbos, including the one MK is running.

With that said though, I will give you the fact that the install is way harder than a silicone pipe.

Anyway bro, nice numbers :tup:, nice wheels :tup:, nice install :tup:, and glad everything worked out for you.
just to let you know this dyno that is a dynojet is a heart braker dynojet....P&L's dyno reads lowwwwwwww......anyways who cares about #'s...i agree with you, the aps inlet is not junk, but it sure is a ***** to get in....after struggling with it for 5 days straight i was like f-this!!!! and the samco slipped on in less than 5 minutes....thats why i love it...

MK

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,098

one thing also that i have to mention is that since my tune was done on the stock clutch with the heavy ass flywheel, the car with the new clutch + lightweight racing flywheel makes the car idle very oddly/poorly so Jorge once again to the rescue....im bringing the car to him tomowrow and he is going to re-tune the idle.....and make it purrrr

MK

1081 - 1100 of 2040 Posts