IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 2040 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Re: MK'S Limited *Updated 8/03 NC Forged Wheels ,APS R1 Review, & New Pictures*

im cool with seeing the brakes and rotors....thats all people stare at when im at the stop light....plus matte black/ gloss black wheels just has that awseome sinister look to them......i love it....BTW your audi is awseome

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
MK'S Limited *Updated 8/13 APS R1 Exhaust Clips and Silencer Mod*

Alright everyone here is the update i promised......

here are a few clips of the Aps R1 exhaust.......sorry for the crappy quality

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/MKTURBO/?action=view&current=DSCN1302.flv

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/MKTURBO/?action=view&current=DSCN1303.flv

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/MKTURBO/?action=view&current=DSCN1304.flv

Also, i though that this would be a good oppurtuniny to do the silincer delete mod so out with the Milk Jug:

Small Review:
Not a very difficult mod, and the best thing that it was free.I dont know why people say they didn't notice a sound difference. I definately noticed a difference in sound with a less supressed BOV and a Louder turbo spooling.....the most difficult part of the whole removal was getting to the back 10mm bolt that holds it on, otherwise a great free mod.

Also here are a few pictures from one of our chicago meets:

All Coments Welcome......
MK

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re: MK'S Limited *Updated 8/13 APS R1 Exhaust Clips and Silencer Mod*

Those are some sick lookin subies!!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

yeah the funny thing is that my pictures sucked compared to all the other pictures in the midwest forum....i fixed i should just add them since i had them......

·
Registered
412 Posts

exhaust sounds great~
Did you get the catted one? How much more expensive was it compared to the noncatted...if you don't mind..

THanks!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

this is the catless version, but the great thing about the APS turbo-back systems is that they are modular meaning that if you want to switch between catted and catless without buying a new downpipe.....all you do is buy the cat seperately of the system, so you have the high-flow cat and the test pipe. the msrp of the cat is 370 but you can get a deal on it............

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

actualy mike i have had no problems with creep or spike or anything of that matter......its running like a champ

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

for right now im holding off on the protune till i can get all the parts i want to be tuned on, and i seriously need to adress the suspention issues.......

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts

Oh come on Matt front and rear gaps FTW!!!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

yeah my car is chevy ridin high!!!!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

concerning what? the stutter? with the new acessport v2 v103 maps alot of the crap is gone......

·
Premium Member
9,206 Posts

Do they still want a catted pipe? The 07's have a larger wastegate port, so I think they can bleed boost more efficiently, as compared to the older VF39's, IIRC.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

fullerton said:
Do they still want a catted pipe? The 07's have a larger wastegate port, so I think they can bleed boost more efficiently, as compared to the older VF39's, IIRC.
exactly, cobb recomends a catted dp for the 07' to suposedly control boost better, but they gave out bigger restrictor pills for cars that are overboosting. however, this is not an issue with my car because it achieves its perfect boost peak of 20psi.....also when i worked at p&l motorsports jorge pulled a vf 43 off of a 07 and compared it to a vf39 and measured it with a caliper, the vf43 has a considerably bigger compressor housing, exhaust housing, and inducer/exducer wheels....i think that the vf43 has less problems controling boost.

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts

TheLimitedProject said:
^Back in the day? Yep, those '05s are relics now :lol:

ps. Nan, your post count is a joke right?
At least ours ran properly from the factory, back when Subaru made a real quality product :lol:

(During the creation of the "Post Whore forum" my posts that didn't count in OT all of a sudden became real posts... :lol: So no, it's not completely a joke, though it's probably shy of my real number now :p)

81 - 100 of 2040 Posts