IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2040 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: MK'S 2007 Subaru WRX STI Limited

i honestly dont know yet..thats the only thing still being decided...keep the oem look or paint the reflector?......i was going to start a poll but im still unsure...what do you think?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

do you think it looks nice and oem with the orange ones.....

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

yeah, but it is functional vs. painted not exactly functional

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Re: MK'S Limited *Updated 7/31 Parts Recieved and How-To Install*

Alright Guys Finaly Got my parts from SOJDM and install was a snap! no problems at all! here is the parts i got:

anyways here is a brief how to on how to install the jdm auto switch with pictures.....

here is how it looks from the factory

here is the switch we are going to be installing

1) pop out the the fuse box panel below...

2) use your middle finger to depress the tab on the bottom of the button to pop it out....after that it will look like this.....

3) then pull the switch out

4) depress the tab on the back of the plug to remove the switch

5) now comes the tricky part that not many people know about.....in the switch thier is a insert that allows the switch to clip into the plug, however the jdm switch is designed backwards so you have to pop out the usdm switches's insert with a small flat blade screw driver, and insert it into the jdm one....here is the jdm switch with the usdm insert inserted.....its the white piece in the inside of the switch..

6) snap it back in, followed by the fuse box cover, and your done it should look like this

In terms of installing the Fumoto valve, Im waiting for my next oil change.

Upcomming Plans:
My upcomming plans for this week are as follows:
swap headlights with mikeyboy followed by them being shipped out to Lightwerkz for the treatment i described above, as well as the interior pieces being shipped out to Fastcb for the redout service!!!

MK

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Why wouldn't I?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

$hit hell no i'd drive around with no lights anyways! thats what i did when i was painting them!

·
Registered
513 Posts

nandanrp said:
I'd paint them or figure out how to get the clear ones :)

I don't like the removed one either with that rectangle in the corner :notsure:
I don't like the orange or the rectangle either so I asked Ceaser (lightwerkz) if he could source me some JDM reflectors and he said it was nearly impossible. MKTURBO, keep us updated on what you do to your headlights.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

ilovecarbs said:
I don't like the orange or the rectangle either so I asked Ceaser (lightwerkz) if he could source me some JDM reflectors and he said it was nearly impossible. MKTURBO, keep us updated on what you do to your headlights.
actually the jdm lights i believe have no reflector....they merely have a different inner shroud that is meant to have no reflector.....for right now i think im going to have ceasar re-install the reflector because mainly it is functional and oem looking.....the problem is that many people dont know, is that at night the little parking bulb behind the reflector illuminates the reflector so you get a goofy light outline of it, that imho looks really odd.....basically im going to do the same headlight setup as jezzy that is pictured on the first page....

stay tuned i got some serious info going up this week in the journal
MK

·
Registered
513 Posts

MKTURBO said:
actually the jdm lights i believe have no reflector....they merely have a different inner shroud that is meant to have no reflector.....for right now i think im going to have ceasar re-install the reflector because mainly it is functional and oem looking.....the problem is that many people dont know, is that at night the little parking bulb behind the reflector illuminates the reflector so you get a goofy light outline of it, that imho looks really odd.....basically im going to do the same headlight setup as jezzy that is pictured on the first page....

stay tuned i got some serious info going up this week in the journal
MK
You might be right about the reflector. I wouldn't know because I've never seen an '06/'07 JDM headlight assembly in person but for what it's worth, when I asked Ceaser about the JDM reflectors he said someone did send him a set to get retrofitted but that was only 1 person and he had no clue how that person sourced the reflectors.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

that set i believe is jdm daves on here and the housing alone is a grand.......whoa!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
MK'S Limited *Updated 8/03 NC Forged Wheels ,APS R1 Review, & New Pictures*

Alright guys haven't updated in a little while, but here it is:

Wheels: Well I got new wheels in, However thier not for my car....thier for my dads 7 Series BMW, but that didn't stop me from trying them on my car! check out the lip!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

APS R1 Turbo-Back Exhaust Review:
After a bunch of time trying to get somewhat decent pictures of the system here is my review, followed by some pictures and some upcomming videos (comming in the next few days)

Well after a few months of searching for the perfect exhaust systems, I finally believe that i have the perfect exhaust system. I wanted something with outstanding performance, Great sound, and extreme attention to quality and fitiment with no holdbacks. The R1 is a full 3'' system that has a 3 piece downpipe, which at first made me say: whats with that goofy 3 piece down pipe? Well, just like all of aps's products this system is heavly engineneered, and everthing has a purpose. the reason why the down pipe is 3 pieces is because it makes the system modular....you can either have a test pipe (catless) or a high flow 3'' cat without going out and buying another downpipe you can just switch them out. The tubing and quality is outstanding...even on the inside of the pipe where the flange is welded on they port and polish the pipe....so you have zero flow problems.....i have a catless system and so far i have had no boost creep yet..... and every single part of the aps system is well designed...the cast belmouth is a diveded belmouth, with a divider that you trim to your application, and the fact that its cast with its own heat shield keep underhood temps down.... this paried with the cobb heatshield i have noticed a great diverence in underhood temps on the intercooler.....the muffler portion also imho is perfect.....it has a stock style tip that is the same size as stock (4") and it fits perfectly in the gap on the bumper...... however i do recomend getting kartboy standard lenght hangers like i have because it stiffens the mounting locations for a better mount and less movement under the body..... also the fact that it is standard aka oem or stock gives you much less trouble with the po po.......

Pros:
Outstanding quality and fitiment
Full 3" with split belmouth Downpipe
Amazing sound
Modular cat system

Cons:
Price....well its expensive but IMO you get what you pay for
Buy the cat seperately....Well if you want it catted you gotta buy it seperately which is also expensive.....
Not sold in catback form...only full TBE
not compatible with rotate mount turbo kits unless custom made......

here are the pictures:

Video Comming Soon!!!

Pictures of Cobb Heatshield and APS Downpipe:

Misc New Pictures:

How To: Fix A Scratch Comming Very Soon!!!!:D:D:D

All Coments Welcome:tup::tup::tup::tup:

MK

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Re: MK'S Limited *Updated 8/03 NC Forged Wheels ,APS R1 Review, & New Pictures*

wow that exhaust looks nice! gj

·
Registered
296 Posts

nice exhaust looks hella sleeper haha! quick question how does the cobb heatshield fit? with the stock heatshield bracket?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

nandanrp said:
Did you have to do the CEL fix with your APS since you're running catless?
No CEL fix.....haven't got a CEL yet....works perfectly...

SubaSTi04 said:
nice exhaust looks hella sleeper haha! quick question how does the cobb heatshield fit? with the stock heatshield bracket?
the cobb heat shield fits better than oem......it uses the stock heatshield bracket and bolts........fits perfectly

41 - 60 of 2040 Posts