2021 - 2040 of 2040 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Finally!!! any trackdays coming up?

·
Banned
987 Posts
I am glad to see that you finally tracked down Ed Hassel over at Recaro USA. I was bounced back and forth between him and Tamara Ward when I was trying to track down information on the Recaro materials, threads, etc. Ultimately, neither one of them ever felt like returning our calls. This was over two years ago so I would imagine some things have changed since then.

Alex

·
Registered
294 Posts
hey I have a question on your new seats...Have you ever sat in EVO X seats, how do they compare to your seats? Which one holds you in better? etc....thanks

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,024
Finally!!! any trackdays coming up?
Yeah Finally! Im going to install them monday when I pick them up, and i'm going to be doing some searching of my entire trackday calendar this week. i'll send you a pm when i know my full trackday schedule.

I am glad to see that you finally tracked down Ed Hassel over at Recaro USA. I was bounced back and forth between him and Tamara Ward when I was trying to track down information on the Recaro materials, threads, etc. Ultimately, neither one of them ever felt like returning our calls. This was over two years ago so I would imagine some things have changed since then.

Alex
Alex, I cant believe ED wouldn't return your call! He returned mine within a few hours of me calling and was a really nice guy who was super helpful. he said that if the rails/brackets still didnt work this time around that i should call him and he would do whatever it takes to make them work, ordering brackets ect.

hey I have a question on your new seats...Have you ever sat in EVO X seats, how do they compare to your seats? Which one holds you in better? etc....thanks
Yes i have sat in EVO X seats numerous times. the difference is in the quality of the seats and the bolstering. the Sportster CS's are a much higher quality seat and the foam and materials are much nicer. also the reclining mechanism is much smoother on the CS's. the EVO X seats hold you in with extremely large bolsters both on your legs and side. the CS's hold you in with its amazing ergonomics, and how you physically sin in the seat rather than on top of it with the bolsters.

I'd say that they both hold you in about the same, but the CS is far more comfortable and much nicer to drive in, but i have never had the seat on track yet so well see...maybe the CS will be better...

MK

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
You still alive, Matt?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bro, you have 1 Sick Limited! Nice work!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Nah I'm still here man. Just recently got back on this forum to buy some parts. Where did you get your block off plates for your air pump removal? Mine has a stuck sensor and is throwing some CELs, so I'm just going to take it out. Going to do TGV removal and phenolic spacers while I have the intake manifold off.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,035
I got the block off plates from Import Image. There the Cossie Plates, but a bunch of companies make them. Just dont buy the P&L ones. There junk and dont line up.

As for TGV deletes, definately do the JDM Housings! there the same price as all TGV deletes but are much much cleaner. and you can sell your oem housing to recover the cost.

We gotta see if we can contact all the old troops and have a meet like old times.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I got the block off plates from Import Image. There the Cossie Plates, but a bunch of companies make them. Just dont buy the P&L ones. There junk and dont line up.

As for TGV deletes, definately do the JDM Housings! there the same price as all TGV deletes but are much much cleaner. and you can sell your oem housing to recover the cost.

We gotta see if we can contact all the old troops and have a meet like old times.
Damn I was gonna call P&L about them because I'll need them to turn the CELs off in my tune. For the air pump as well as the TGV's. I might just do injectors and a fuel pump for e85 and just get retuned all together. Gotta see how much money I have at the time.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,037 (Edited)
brad, for example, here are P&L's homemade cutout block off plates versus the billet CNC machined units...

Big Difference!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings everyone, I figured I'd finally make a post on this forum.

I would like to give an update on this car, as hundreds of hours were put into it, and that's not even accounting the amount of funds that were put into this car.

I purchased the vehicle 8 months ago from a dealership that I will not name, as it was one of the worst transactions I have ever made, and it disgusts me that a business like that operates on a daily basis. The car blew up about a month after I purchased it, with less than 1k miles put on it. The car is still in very good condition, and I give major props to Matt for keeping this car as clean as it is.

I do not know what happened to this car after this thread died off, and I don't know how it ended up where it did, and I can say the same for Matt as he has disappeared as well. I messaged him on here asking for a text, call, whatever, and he did text me, however it was very short lived and I got ignored.

The engine suffered rod bearing failure, and I highly doubt it had anything to do with Matt, but more so how it was treated by the kids at the dealership I purchased it from that beat the living piss out of this vehicle, I mentioned it to someone at the dealership, and they have removed the YouTube channel containing the video of some very, very harsh WOT pulls. I'm talking, bring this bad boy up to 7k and leave it there, horrible.

The car is currently being torn apart, and I'm going to attempt to bring it back to it's former glory, with a completely different route. It is receiving the almighty EJ207 V7, I will be using the APS FMIC kit, the AOS, and possibly the Element GT52, but I suspect that it's more than likely junk. Like I said, I do not know what has happened to this car, but the tune that is on it currently is horrendous, and I really hope it's not the one from EFI. Between shifts it wouldn't hold boost, it drove very clunky, and was all around an extremely uncomfortable car to drive while it ran.

I spent far too much money on this car, I was scammed by this dealership and I'm definitely feeling it.

I plan on owning this car for many years to come, as it is a Limited, and is within the top 5 lowest mileage STI Limited's in existence, and I'd bet it's within the top 20 USDM Hawkeye's. Within the next year it will be receiving an IAG Stage 4 shortblock, with some head work and a rotated setup on corn, and more than likely a complete overhaul on the wiring system, as well as a Haltech elite standalone unit. I'm already $30k deep into an 11 year old Subaru, It's too late to give up now!

Once again, I really appreciate this thread, it's really, really cool to see everything that's happened since this car was purchased, and I've spent the past 6 months reading every single page of this journal. I'm not big on forums as the template is not very user friendly, but if you're curious as to how this car is going to end up in the next few years once it is where I envision it, feel free to PM me and I will send links to my personal accounts for you to follow.

Big thanks to you, Matt. I have never seen a fellow enthusiast put so much time and effort into documenting the life of a vehicle, and I really appreciate you using the parts that you did, it will certainly help me with the next build. You should've had EFI do rods if they were already in there!!! ;)

All jokes aside, I look forward to putting my heart and soul into this car, and I hope that I can live up to the legacy that Matt created.

Attachments

2021 - 2040 of 2040 Posts