IW STi Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2040 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,001 (Edited)
First off, Happy New Year to everyone. I havent updated this damn journal in a while for multiple reasons, but I finally found a few moments of spare time to do so. Ohhh where to even begin...

As of recently I havent had time to work on the car and update this because of school being extremely busy as has work, But mainly because I've been in and out of surgery 4 times in the past week or so after getting my two front teeth shattered and quite a few stitches from hockey. but without further adue, i got some time to sort out my seat dilemmas, which are unfortunately still not over.

I originally ordered some Recaro SPG's and Buddy Club Seat Rails, Which I received and used for about two weeks. They were amazing seats and I'd definitely recommend them as they were great, but after two weeks they caused numerous problems that I just didn't want to deal with. They held you in amazing in the twisties, and were super low which is what I wanted. However In bumper to bumper traffic in downtown chicago they were not the most comfortable thing to drive in,and one thing i love doing in my car is driving road trips, and these are far from ideal for that. The icing on the cake, all my friends, and the lady constantly complained about them. I discovered that the trade off of being held in well for the 10 days a year I track the car, isnt worth it for a year round of comfort, especially when a seat exists that has good compromises of both.

A local IWSTI member Picked up the Recaro Spg's and Buddy Club Rails off of me, and i went forward and once again ordered another set of Recaro seats. Yes, Another set.

This time around i got a set of Recaro Sportster CS's, After seeing Seventy's Seats I have always liked them, but after going and test sitting in them in a Lotus Evora, it sealed the deal and I placed the order. I ordered them in Black leatherette with black suede inserts with the Recaro Rails & mounts.

They just recently came in, but im still waiting for the passenger side rail to finish the install, and the drivers side bracket has the seat belt bucket receptacle on the wrong side, so that needs to be sorted out. Other than that the seats are amazing! They match the factory limited leather perfect, are super comfortable, hold you in well thanks to the bolsters and the suede insert and are still lower than stock, which is what i wanted.

Enough with the chit chat...Pictures

Also, here is some pictures of my new knob I custom designed with chris (WClatheworks) and its awesome! its made to mimic the ARC knob

I should be finishing the install of the seats in the next couple of weeks, once i receive the passenger sliders and brackets and sort out the seat belt receptacle dilemma.

Other than that, just a few things left to work on the car....Passenger rear coilover clunking, passenger side skirt mis aligned, and a few other "plans" i have left to complete and the car should be cherry to enjoy for a while. I'll update everyone on the mysterious "plans" once i figure out whats wrong with this rear suspension clunk.

Lastly, Im going to throw up some pictures that I shot of my car in the frozen over chicago harbour with my new d7000 that are quite cool, and too bad my external hard drive took a S**T earlier tonight and i lost 250+ photos of mine about the car, because i had pictures of the SPG, CS, and Stockers all side by side comparing them....now that the SPG's are gone i cant recreate the pictures.

MK

·
Registered
754 Posts
OMG... Super Drool. :eek:

Can you PM me what you paid and where you got them from?

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
That first picture is just so hot man. Your car looks so good man!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Matt those CS's look really good in there and match really well! the resistor's should be in today or tomorrow from rallsportdirect so hopefully i'll go put the spg's in my ride soon, Thanks again love the new seats

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,011
omg i am jealous. i want those seats big time! soo nice..

and car looking good. how you liking those tires in the snow ;)
Haha Yeah there hasn't been much snow in chicago this season, except two or three bursts of blizzard so i just keep my car indoors during that...I just havent put on my snow tires...but when its anything but dry the RE01R's are a joke

So you finally got the CS's :)
Yeah after all that bs and trouble...i'll be sending you an email later when im on the train about the "plans"

Matt those CS's look really good in there and match really well! the resistor's should be in today or tomorrow from rallsportdirect so hopefully i'll go put the spg's in my ride soon, Thanks again love the new seats
No Problem man! thanks for picking them up off me!

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Looking good buddy :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
loving the new seats man! I have been looking at those and the prodrives that look just like them for the longest time. Just doubt i will be buying them for years!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey Matt, I know you were talking about a diffuser very similar to the voltex one last time we talked im very interested in that??,

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,019
loving the new seats man! I have been looking at those and the prodrives that look just like them for the longest time. Just doubt i will be buying them for years!
Thanks alot man! Just wait till you see the whole interior done and finished!

Hey Matt, I know you were talking about a diffuser very similar to the voltex one last time we talked im very interested in that??,
Send me a pm about it and i'll give you the details!

How is the seat height with the recaro base and rails? These are what I'm looking to get. Have you resolved the seat belt issue?
The seat height is great! Not nearly as low and bottomed out on the floor like with the buddy clubs i had, but definately an inch or two lower than the stockers.

I finally spoke with ED at Recaro USA, Great guy BTW, and he said that the rails and brackets for the passenger side are officially at there facility and should be at my door in a few days! also he said that if they had the same seat belt receptacle bracket issue that they would do whatever needed to make them fit perfectly!

As for others trying to get this setup....DONT, the rails and bases came from Recaro germany, which came from Recaro japan, and there more expensive then the wedge ones that SeventySTI had and they take 2 months to get. although the quality is much higher, i still think its a pain in the *** to get them. Well see if they fit once i get the other side in!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,020
The passenger side Recaro Germany rails have arrived! Too bad I wont be back in town till monday to go pick them up and finally assemble everything together.

Updates on there way soon!

2001 - 2020 of 2040 Posts