2,886 Posts
Re: MK'S Limited *9/18 Recaro Profi SPG & Buddy Club Rails Ordered*

Glad to see you solved your seat dilemma....nearly two years later :tup:

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,982

Thanks alot Alex! Yeah I know tell me about it! It's been a long time comming. I still remember how many seat discussions we had! I'll be giving you a call later this week as we have some interior items to match the new stuff!

·
Registered
208 Posts

Thanks Alot man! Still Have to get the Splash Airbag Fix Plugs, Anyone have any experience with these?

RallySportDirect.com - Splash Airbag Light Fix Subaru/ EVO
Yes I bought some too LoL. Uhm, I got lazy and I just didn't bother to transfer the bladders over.

Supposedly from what I've read is that, even if you plug the resistors in, your airbag light will still be on unless you transfer the bladder from your oem passenger seat to your new bucket seat. I did not feel like doing this and so... yeah.

Good luck.

edit: to clarify what I've said. If you are only switching out ur drivers side seat and use this resistor, it is supposed to work I believe. But if you are doing both sides, the bladder is whats going to set off the AIRBAGS light unless you transfer it to ur new bucket seat. Excuse the spelling and grammar, getting lazy here.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts

Nice choice on the seats! :tup:

Just FYI, all that RSD piece is is a fancied up resistor. When I put my Sparcos in, I couldn't find any 3.3's locally (only 3.3k ohm) but I eventually ordered them from HERE for super cheap!!

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

The splash unit is easier to install and bigger. The pins it uses are a nice touch as you just slide it in to the stock harness and tape it up.

The resistor alone method is similar but without the nice pins. :)

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,989

Yes I bought some too LoL. Uhm, I got lazy and I just didn't bother to transfer the bladders over.

Supposedly from what I've read is that, even if you plug the resistors in, your airbag light will still be on unless you transfer the bladder from your oem passenger seat to your new bucket seat. I did not feel like doing this and so... yeah.

Good luck.

edit: to clarify what I've said. If you are only switching out ur drivers side seat and use this resistor, it is supposed to work I believe. But if you are doing both sides, the bladder is whats going to set off the AIRBAGS light unless you transfer it to ur new bucket seat. Excuse the spelling and grammar, getting lazy here.
I still gotta figure that one out, how do you even transfer your bladder into the new seat since the cushion is sealed and stitched? i guess i gotta do some more research as to how exactly to disable the light...but thanks for pointing that out, because i had no idea.

you'll love your SPG seats w/ the BC rails :)
Yeah I know Buddy! totally copying you! thanks for taking the pictures to help me aid me in my decision.

Nice choice on the seats! :tup:

Just FYI, all that RSD piece is is a fancied up resistor. When I put my Sparcos in, I couldn't find any 3.3's locally (only 3.3k ohm) but I eventually ordered them from HERE for super cheap!!
i know that the rally sport splash piece is just a heat shrink wrapped resistor, but honestly its just the fact that its airbags that were dealing with here and i rather get the known professional piece to fix the check light. but i should order those just incase because they are so cheap.

The splash unit is easier to install and bigger. The pins it uses are a nice touch as you just slide it in to the stock harness and tape it up.

The resistor alone method is similar but without the nice pins. :)
drew, do you have the same exact piece pictured as the RSD piece? is your drivers seat triggering the airbag light? Do you know where i can purchase those Splash Fixes, since RSD are out of stock...

Best,
MK

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

yeah, that's the same "fix" that comes with the splash short hub. :)

I have an 05 thou so I'm not sure if they added anything in 06/07 that's additional.

As for the passenger airbag bladder you should be able to remove the bottom cushion on the SPGs and slide the bladder under the cushion. put the wiring thru the 6 point seat belt hole. (just an idea, no clue if that'd actually work). :lol:

·
Registered
382 Posts

You get um yet?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,992

Buddy Club Rails are in at Togue Factory, Splash Air Bag Fixes are ordered from RallySport Direct, and should be here sometime next week. Still waiting on the seats from Recaro USA. I wish they'd get here already, im supposed to go to a track day saturday...

·
Registered
382 Posts

Dang guy still no seats? may need some assistance with a peterson catch can i picked up off of chris05, im gonna try and follow your install pics

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,994

Nah still waiting on them, apparently Recaro is super backed up still, they projected the last date they should arrive is the 30th, but im going to give them a call tomorrow to see where they are...

I still have my custom made Peterson catchcan bracket if your interested....it mounts perfectly on the strut tower...let me know if your interested..

MK

·
Registered
382 Posts

Might need it, I need a bracket still, u still using the Peterson setup?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,996

nah the crawford now, but i still have my custom made bracket

·
Registered
382 Posts

So what does this bracket look like and is placement under the passanger side strut tower?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,998

MpSTI05 I'll send you a picture of the bracket once I get home...

GOOD NEWS! The Recaro SPG have arrived today at Togue Factory!!! I'm going to go out there today and pick them up if the weather is half decent its been terential raining and tornado warning all day...

Also the Spash Air Bag Fix resistors came in so stay tuned for pictures!

·
Registered
382 Posts

^ sweet man can't wait for pics of the seats in! If you need a hand puting them in I'd be more than happy to help out and you could lend a hand with popping the Peterson can in!

·
Registered
382 Posts

Dude those seats ever go in?

1981 - 2000 of 2040 Posts