IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a mini mod day today. Installed the JDM fogs and bumper beam. Very easy to do. The hardest part is finding all the little fasteners that hold the bumper cover on. After that I installed a genuine STi Ti front strut bar. Very nice piece. Next up was a matching dead pedal. Looks great. And lastly I installed an 8ga grounding kit. Taking the mod game a little slower than I did on my Lightning. Next up will be a set of Spec-C springs and sway bars yet to be determined. My plan is to work on the cosmetics and suspension first. That should give the tuners plenty of time to sort out the performance mods. By that time I will be ready for more power.

·
Registered
21 Posts
pics please!! :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
i third that :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
If the guy spent all day modding, he probably doesn't have it in him to go shoot/edit/post pics. Here's a few I took. I didn't take pics during the install.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
y2ks2k, can you give me your opinion?

I would recommend you losten the bumber and adjust it just about 5-10mm higher. It looks like there's more space than there should be on the sides... especially the driver's side.

·
Registered
167 Posts
bitabur said:
I would recommend you losten the bumber and adjust it just about 5-10mm higher. It looks like there's more space than there should be on the sides... especially the driver's side.
Good eye...thanks....I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

They add some usable light. I haven't really use dthem in inclement weather. I'm thinking about a HID conversion for them.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Most welcome.

The lights look awesome IMO. I think they're exactly what I'll want to get on mine (when I get it... I'm still dreaming ATM, but I know the money will be there soon. :D )

Are they HID's or did I read that wrong?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Who is the supplier for these lights and is there an OEM blank space in the dash or console for the switch? They look great

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
OMG. . . we REALLY need a :drool: smiley!

Yes. . . I'm still wanting to do this to mine at some point. In the daylight, I like to run with my parking lights and fog lights on. . . . kinda like DRLs, except much better-looking and they serve double-duty when it's foggy out, cutting through at a lower angle for better visibility. :D

KUDOS!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Post ur white Sti pics in here

They are not HIDs The supplier is Subaru Japan. There is a blank space for the switch on the dash. These won't turn on unless you have your headlights on. They can be made to work without the headlights on, but you would need to bypass the relay.

·
Registered
142 Posts
OEM USDM foglight inserts with aftermarket driving lights.

Do you know the price of the just the JDM inserts without the lights? Dimensions for aftermarket light fitment?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts