IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,627 Posts
It's very unlikely that an oil change will make any difference in gas mileage unless they dumped straight 50w in it by mistake, or they waaay overfilled it.

The gas gauges in these things are inaccurate as hell, and it really depends on whether or not the tank was topped off. Fill it all the way to the top, run it for a couple hundred miles and then fill it to the top again and do the math - it's the only way to really know.

· Registered
3,979 Posts
Maybe there's too much oil... or the oil is the wrong grade.

Another possibility is that the tank wasn't filled all the way, like was said. I find that I have to trick my car to get it to take a full load of fuel.

· Registered
2,455 Posts
perhaps they disconnected your battery for some reason while did your oil change....which will have reset your ECU - now its learning all over again and your mileage may suffer as a result.

· Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Maybe a bad tank of gas? Last week my tank only gave me only 11 mpg, but this one, so far I have gotten 18+.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.