IW STi Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I only test fit them, still have to get new tires. Was debating on taking the re71’s off the rpf1’s and using them on the weds but undecided

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks, appreciate it!

Just picked up a few more parts. Grimmspeed EWG and bracket, Tial 38mm wastegate, and Cobb’s flex fuel kit. Hopefully will get it all installed within the next month or two!
Nice! Can't wait to see the updates when everything is set and done! I just picked up some TC105N's in the same size & offset. They're pretty dang light for the size. 17.8~17.9 lbs!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yeah I like hoarding wheels..

Got my appointment scheduled @Prime for the 25th this month to get tuned on e85, install flex fuel kit, killer b header and grimmspeed external wastegate! Already filled up 4 VP jugs with E85!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Went and had my parts installed yesterday along with a tune from JR. Made 344whp and 376wtq on E66 I believe. They did a few runs on the dyno, made some power then switched to flex fuel and it wasn’t gaining anything, they ended up installing a used Perrin intake they had cause that was the limiting factor and it picked up +30whp! I now have to get a new front O2 sensor cause it was acting up so I don’t have any comments on the new power but it looked good on the dyno and sounded really good too! Everything went smooth though and they are a group of good guys there, really helpful and honest. I will post up the dyno sheet once they email it to me.

Got to see some iconic STI’s in the shop as well!

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yes, didn’t realize I did not include the stock intake being the problem in my last post. I always thought that an intake was not needed and stock could support 400whp but I must of read wrong. If I knew that I needed an intake I would have bought the Cobb unit months ago.

·
Registered
532 Posts
That swaintech coating is gorgeous, save that pic because it will never look this great again :)

Amazing how restrictive the stock intake is beyond a simple downpipe and in my experience the stock TMIC can’t support more than 350whp.

Flex is awesome right? Engine revs more freely.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
It’s a shame how bad the coating gets after some time but i have high hopes of it staying ”new” looking lol.

I have been loving flex fuel, the car has just been driving so good and feels even better. Super happy with the tune!

61 - 72 of 72 Posts