IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I had to put on my RPF1's this week due to neighborhood kids going around and slashing tires. They hit over 100 vehicles, got two of mine, two of my fathers, major pain in the ass. Luckily no car damage or scratches etc.. Mostly mad at the fact my oem tires have less than 3000 miles on them. Anybody think it would be fine to just buy one new tire and not worry about having to replace the rest or two tires? I know there is minimal wear and probably wont make a difference but wanted to hear some opinions.

Here is a few pics of the wheels mounted, installed 5mm motorsport-tech spacers in the front for extra clearance. I think it looks terrible on stock suspension, hopefully I get a set of coilovers soon. I've narrowed it down to custom Ohlins R&T, still the AST-5100's, or MCS one-ways. If money wasn't a problem I would %100 go with the MCS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You said it is a great decision to sell your STI 07.

Could you explain why. I m a 06 owner and i could sell it for a FRS or 17 STI.

Thanks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mostly the reason was because I always wanted a brand new STI without someone else's hands all over it. And I figured while I liked the new body style, and before they changed it to something I might dislike, I had to jump on it. Plus it didn't hurt that I got $20k for my 07! But the difference for me is just the basic's, a more modern interior update, the way it drives, same engine with tons of aftermarket support, and the emotional connection to having a brand new one with 0 miles on it. Hope this helps. You wont be disappointed if you make the switch. I recommend going for a test ride in one and seeing how you like it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been looking at the the Ohlins coilovers myself. Keep us posted on how it performs after you install them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking good! Did you ever find out if the AOS needed a tune after installation? I have been planning on grabbing a Grimmspeed one in the near future, although not as hardcore as the IAG one still would like to know. Also curious to know if you have any rubbing with them wide ass tires!! :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks Geoff, always appreciate your time and info!

@RussellX- no rubbing at stock height so far and I have hit a few major bumps

@DrockinWV- Never installed the AOS because the local tuner recommended that it needs to be tuned, but I'm waiting until I upgrade to stage 2 and get it protuned

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mostly the reason was because I always wanted a brand new STI without someone else's hands all over it. And I figured while I liked the new body style, and before they changed it to something I might dislike, I had to jump on it. Plus it didn't hurt that I got $20k for my 07! But the difference for me is just the basic's, a more modern interior update, the way it drives, same engine with tons of aftermarket support, and the emotional connection to having a brand new one with 0 miles on it. Hope this helps. You wont be disappointed if you make the switch. I recommend going for a test ride in one and seeing how you like it.

Thanks for your reply ? Did you do a test ride on the Focus RS ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No updates yet, going to place an order for the AST 5100's when I get some free time from work.

Wicked Big Meet is in like a week and change, first time going, pretty excited for that

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
^Thanks!

Small update.. I finally made a decision on which coilovers to go with.. I was so involved in which suspension would be best and perform perfect for what I need that I was stuck and couldn't make a decision. I ended up buying a used set of AST 5100's for a good price and that pretty much forced me to make the decision. A set of Cusco LCA's also came with the new suspension. Next, I will be ordering camber plates for the front's, and hopefully installing them. I was thinking about waiting to install them after winter but I really don't think I can wait that long.. I think they will be fine considering I haven't even broke 4000 miles yet in the year and a half I've owned the car.

After the suspension is all ironed out, I will probably move on to stage 2..maybe flex-fuel if it becomes more available in the area. I really need to find out more info about the local autox/track and get involved, I definitely missed out this summer due to work/family. I need someone involved to push me in the right direction.

Couple crappy pics..

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
^Thanks!

Small update.. I finally made a decision on which coilovers to go with.. I was so involved in which suspension would be best and perform perfect for what I need that I was stuck and couldn't make a decision. I ended up buying a used set of AST 5100's for a good price and that pretty much forced me to make the decision. A set of Cusco LCA's also came with the new suspension. Next, I will be ordering camber plates for the front's, and hopefully installing them. I was thinking about waiting to install them after winter but I really don't think I can wait that long.. I think they will be fine considering I haven't even broke 4000 miles yet in the year and a half I've owned the car.

After the suspension is all ironed out, I will probably move on to stage 2..maybe flex-fuel if it becomes more available in the area. I really need to find out more info about the local autox/track and get involved, I definitely missed out this summer due to work/family. I need someone involved to push me in the right direction.

Couple crappy pics..

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

These are not appearing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just waiting on camber plates to come in to install the AST's, lca's, and roll center kit. I also bought a OEM front lip and a Weather-Tech trunk mat to keep all my dirty work gear contained.

Anybody from the NJ area that runs winter tires? I'm having a hard time deciding because winter is a hit or miss for us, performance winters or an all season? Last winter I didn't really drive my car in any snow except around the block and the oem dunlops were not safe!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just waiting on camber plates to come in to install the AST's, lca's, and roll center kit. I also bought a OEM front lip and a Weather-Tech trunk mat to keep all my dirty work gear contained.

Anybody from the NJ area that runs winter tires? I'm having a hard time deciding because winter is a hit or miss for us, performance winters or an all season? Last winter I didn't really drive my car in any snow except around the block and the oem dunlops were not safe!
Im across the River From you in PA.. And will be running Blizzaks (mainly got them at a good deal) but for the few times we get snow it tends to be a doozy.. i feel like our section of the NE we could pull off all seasons with no real ill effects. So i guess it depends on what you want to spend.. when looking for my set i seen all seasons were like 300 bucks cheaper at least for my 19s.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I've been keeping my eyes opened for some used winter sets, no luck yet. I'm not in a rush for winter tires. Really looking to find a set of stock wheels to mount winter tires on. I finally got my camber plates for the AST's so hopefully soon I will install them. And about two weeks ago, I installed the OEM front lip, I am very happy with it. I have a bunch of parts I need to start installing so hopefully I will have some nice updates soon. Happy Holidays everyone!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just a few pictures from beginning of winter, some new parts, etc..

Taking off summer wheels

Never snapped a shot of the motorsport-tech spacers

Installed OEM Front Lip

Winter/Snow, car hasn't really moved much hence how clean it is

AST Camber Plates

SuperPro Roll Center Kit

SPL Rear Lower Control Arms and Endlinks I bought, even though I have the Cusco. Undecided on which I'm going to run

And Cobb Accessport V3

21 - 40 of 72 Posts