IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Midevil's 2k10 SSM - XMAS Coming.. What to get..??

650cc is what I wave waiting to go into mine, i read it somewhere that that is the max needed on the stock turbo. I didn't want to go any bigger because atomization can suffer.
From doing research on the internet I have read that we can handle most any size injector up to 1000cc with a tune. What is atomization that is a new term that I haven't read about?

Nice mod list!

I'm also looking at front lips for mine. I'll probably be ordering something in the next few days.
What lip are you going with? I ordered the JNA Performance Lip thats a replica V2. I was thinking Bayson R, but I just like the more subtle lip style plus it kind of stays closer to stock height. I don't want to worry about scratching the bottom when I go up my semi steep driveway.

I'm selling black g forces with a red lip and 750 dw's and a ported and coated blouch 20g. I'll have pics as soon as I get it back from iag later next week. Pm me if your interested.
Do you have pictures of the G-force on your car and what size? I may be interested come springtime when I recover from the X-mas season:lol:.

If you do injectors, go big so you don't have to mess with it ever again. The car will idle great whatever the injector size you choose with a tune from Jorge :tup:
From what I hear every time Jorge tunes a car an angel is born. I agree though, I would drop ~750cc injectors and pump in right before tuning so I wouldn't have to worry about changing them in the future.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

What lip are you going with? I ordered the JNA Performance Lip thats a replica V2. I was thinking Bayson R, but I just like the more subtle lip style plus it kind of stays closer to stock height. I don't want to worry about scratching the bottom when I go up my semi steep driveway.
I ordered the same one shortly after I posted in this thread a few days ago. :lol:

·
Registered
9,163 Posts

From what I hear every time Jorge tunes a car an angel is born. I agree though, I would drop ~750cc injectors and pump in right before tuning so I wouldn't have to worry about changing them in the future.
True :lol:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

I ordered the same one shortly after I posted in this thread a few days ago. :lol:
Sweet, I can't wait to see what it looks like. I am probably not going to put mine on until spring because it is going to be cold out. Are you putting it on as soon as you get it?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Sweet, I can't wait to see what it looks like. I am probably not going to put mine on until spring because it is going to be cold out. Are you putting it on as soon as you get it?
Yep! I'll install it shortly after it arrives. I'll transfer it over to my new/fresh bumper when I install that one after winter.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)

I was reading a thread on the site where JNA lips weren't coming with the brackets installed and you needed a rivet gun to mount it. I am hoping they fixed this issue..

I retract this statement, I went back to that thread and realized they were talking about the lips that subimods.com had been selling.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

From doing research on the internet I have read that we can handle most any size injector up to 1000cc with a tune. What is atomization that is a new term that I haven't read about?
Atomization is how well your gasoline disperses, more or less. The point is that although a 2000cc injector may be able to have a small ehough IPW to put out the same amount of fuel as a smaller injector, the time used is different and therefore fuel is not evenly spread out within the fuel/air mixture that goes into your cylinder. Medium sized injectors (850cc or so) will still be fine with the stock turbo, and most 93 OCT builds on the stock block. In my case, I was planning on keeping the stock turbo, and simply bolting on all the supporting mods before building up the longblock. Now that my ringland on cylinder 4 decided to blow up, I'm looking at a 56+ lb/min turbo to go on my fully built shortblock. That size compressor will easily max out a set of 850cc injectors on 93 let alone race gas or e85. /end threadjack

If I could go back, I think I'd put in a bosch 040 (300 lph) instead of a wahlboro 255lph pump.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)

Atomization is how well your gasoline disperses, more or less. The point is that although a 2000cc injector may be able to have a small ehough IPW to put out the same amount of fuel as a smaller injector, the time used is different and therefore fuel is not evenly spread out within the fuel/air mixture that goes into your cylinder. Medium sized injectors (850cc or so) will still be fine with the stock turbo, and most 93 OCT builds on the stock block. In my case, I was planning on keeping the stock turbo, and simply bolting on all the supporting mods before building up the longblock. Now that my ringland on cylinder 4 decided to blow up, I'm looking at a 56+ lb/min turbo to go on my fully built shortblock. That size compressor will easily max out a set of 850cc injectors on 93 let alone race gas or e85. /end threadjack

If I could go back, I think I'd put in a bosch 040 (300 lph) instead of a wahlboro 255lph pump.
Thanks for the good info fuji, from reading some stories of people going larger than 1000cc injectors I have hear that they have had idling problems because they are so large. So it is safe to say that 850cc injectors are good enough for the stock turbo then. Also, why the bosch fuel pump? Is it so you don't have to worry about it in future builds or just better overall quality?

On another not: I received my JNA V2 replica lip and supertones in the mail yesturday :) But.. my wife won't let me open it until christmas :( The RA V1 Mudflaps w/ Red lettering were out of stock so my wife ordered me the V2! Im pretty excited about that, not sure why they are more expensive though.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Future build stuff. The wahlboro 255 LPH pump is capable of flowing 255 liters per hour, the bosch is capable of flowing 300 liters per hour. 850cc should be fine, like I said before, the stock will be fine on 650cc injectors. Wish I had a link for you, when I was sizing injectors and had the same questions you do, I found a nice recommended size for injectors that showed lb/min (turbo size) versus the cc size of injectors when keeping the stock fuel pressure.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

Future build stuff. The wahlboro 255 LPH pump is capable of flowing 255 liters per hour, the bosch is capable of flowing 300 liters per hour. 850cc should be fine, like I said before, the stock will be fine on 650cc injectors. Wish I had a link for you, when I was sizing injectors and had the same questions you do, I found a nice recommended size for injectors that showed lb/min (turbo size) versus the cc size of injectors when keeping the stock fuel pressure.
Thanks for the info. I will probably just go with IAG recommendations when the time comes. I may not get to start engine upgrades till spring of 2012 due to the money side of things.

Update on Xmas list: The RA V2 Mudflaps arrived yesturday, still waiting on the R205 badges from japan. I removed my E-brake boot to ship it to JPM Coachworks for my new alacantara ebrake boot. Alex at JPM is great to talk to, very customer satisfaction driven. I ordered a set of Falken Azenis 265/35/18 for $59 each through a sale that another member broadcasted in the tire forum. I wasn't planning on buying them so soon but you can't pass up a new set of tires for $236!

Having TWM Performance short shifter and kartboy front bushings installed at IAG on Dec 10th. I am counting the days..:bow:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

TWM Short shifter, Kartboy Front Bushings, and Killer B White shift knob installed at IAG this past Friday. All I can say is WOW, the short shifter and bushings make a world of difference. The shifting is tight and short, the car seems like it has more power now.. Short Shifter gives a very solid feel that I would recommend for everyone to do. +1 for TWM Performance and +1 for IAG!

On a scarier note, it took me 30 minutes to get to IAG and 2 1/2 hours to get home. The snow came out of nowhere in Westminster on Friday, only about ~1 1/2 inch max. Well to make a long story short, Baltimore Blvd was creeping for like 7 miles so I decided to take a detour. (BIG MISTAKE) I wound up on some backroads with my stock dunlops, the roads were like ice with these ****ty tires lol. I was going down a hill on a backroad and I barely tapped the break then I lost all control. I was in a dead skid, went off the road to the right and into someones lawn barely missing their mailbox, then managed to pull left to get it back on the road. Scary experience, but all is ok just a minor scrape on the passenger rims. I am still going to brave it on dunlops for the winter, until I get my new rims this spring. Next year I am going to get rid of the Dunlops to dedicate my stock rims to winter wheels. Before you people say I don't know how to drive in the snow, I come from upstate new york and have plenty experience with it. I know how bad the GR sucks *** in snow with summer tires, because I never put winter tires on my 08 WRX when I had it too. +1 for ice skating in a Suby!

·
Registered
156 Posts

im not putting snow tires on either. they have stated that jan and feb will be above normal temps for that time of year. i don't think we will see much snow this year.

·
Registered
105 Posts

TWM Short shifter, Kartboy Front Bushings, and Killer B White shift knob installed at IAG this past Friday. All I can say is WOW, the short shifter and bushings make a world of difference. The shifting is tight and short, the car seems like it has more power now.. Short Shifter gives a very solid feel that I would recommend for everyone to do. +1 for TWM Performance and +1 for IAG!

On a scarier note, it took me 30 minutes to get to IAG and 2 1/2 hours to get home. The snow came out of nowhere in Westminster on Friday, only about ~1 1/2 inch max. Well to make a long story short, Baltimore Blvd was creeping for like 7 miles so I decided to take a detour. (BIG MISTAKE) I wound up on some backroads with my stock dunlops, the roads were like ice with these ****ty tires lol. I was going down a hill on a backroad and I barely tapped the break then I lost all control. I was in a dead skid, went off the road to the right and into someones lawn barely missing their mailbox, then managed to pull left to get it back on the road. Scary experience, but all is ok just a minor scrape on the passenger rims. I am still going to brave it on dunlops for the winter, until I get my new rims this spring. Next year I am going to get rid of the Dunlops to dedicate my stock rims to winter wheels. Before you people say I don't know how to drive in the snow, I come from upstate new york and have plenty experience with it. I know how bad the GR sucks *** in snow with summer tires, because I never put winter tires on my 08 WRX when I had it too. +1 for ice skating in a Suby!
I can confirm that the stock dunlops are extremely dangerous in snow/ice conditions. Didn't get my winter tires delivered on time due to (irony) snow so I had to brave snow/ice for 2 weeks on summer dunlops.

I did, however, learn very intricate details about how to manipulate the DCCD in snowy conditions though. I suppose that's one positive out of the hundreds of scary slide/no control situations I found myself in.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

im not putting snow tires on either. they have stated that jan and feb will be above normal temps for that time of year. i don't think we will see much snow this year.
Thats what they calling for. Winter was fun last year with the WRX on stockers, lol.

I can confirm that the stock dunlops are extremely dangerous in snow/ice conditions. Didn't get my winter tires delivered on time due to (irony) snow so I had to brave snow/ice for 2 weeks on summer dunlops.

I did, however, learn very intricate details about how to manipulate the DCCD in snowy conditions though. I suppose that's one positive out of the hundreds of scary slide/no control situations I found myself in.

What mode do you set your DCCD for in wintertime? Real men drive summers during the winter :rolleyes:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Re: Midevil's 2k10 SSM - TWM Performance SS Installed

In lieu of leaving a floor mat at the car wash while vaccuming it.. I ordered some all weather subaru floor mats to replace my carpet mats. I also ordered some l33t sti valve stem caps and STI iphone cover for $3.75. Hopefully my valve stem caps don't get stolen once I get them, I have already had 5 caps stolen since I lived in Bmore..

I have decided to undergo an interior wrapping project. I am going to wrap all of the silver plastics in the car with red digital camo wrap. I have been deciding whether or not to do this for a while and I say what the hey its only 40 bucks. here is the design I will be using, ordered from metrorestyling.com

JPM Coachworks ebrake/shift boot installed pics will be up once wife gets home from a trip. GO JETS!!!! Beat the Steelers.. Woot!

Here is a IPhone Pic until I get ahold of the Canon.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re: Midevil's 2k10 SSM - Interior Restyling Project to come!!! Check it out

dude i cant wait to see the digital wrap. when u gonna be home this week il stop by sometime u can check out the whip?

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

I am going to be here thurs-sat all day probably. Good you can pick up that DP that is plaguing my closet..:lol: I have the digital wrap, just havent got the nerve to break down the interior yet. haha.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

i should stop by fri?
Thats fine I will be home all day. I am still waiting on my R205 Badges to arrive, it has been forever and a day since they were ordered.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts