Registered
3,338 Posts
Re: Midevil's Spark Silver 2010 WRX STI

:tup::tup::tup:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

I noticed the SPT stickers on the side? Did it come with the SPT exhaust or any other goodies from the dealer?

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I noticed the SPT stickers on the side? Did it come with the SPT exhaust or any other goodies from the dealer?
Yea it came with the SPT Exhaust. I'm not sure I am going to keep it though because I don't think it is loud enough for my taste. I also think it doesn't look that good, crooked maybe. I like the sound of the Invidia N1 Catback, but I am not sure if I want to go that route yet. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Yea it came with the SPT Exhaust. I'm not sure I am going to keep it though because I don't think it is loud enough for my taste. I also think it doesn't look that good, crooked maybe. I like the sound of the Invidia N1 Catback, but I am not sure if I want to go that route yet. Time will tell.
Well if you want to swap for a stock exhaust and some cash, I'm not too far away from you. :D

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well if you want to swap for a stock exhaust and some cash, I'm not too far away from you. :D
I'll keep you in mind when I get a different exhaust. :naughty:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It was a pretty warm day out today so I figured I'd go out and get some work done on the suby. After washing my car I installed a set of Rally Armor Basic Mudflaps. It was a big pain in the rump, too. I watched a video on youtube for installing them and the rear mudflaps are a little more difficult to install than the video shows. I had to jack it up and take both rear tires off to put them on. There is an extra plastic panel within the wheel well that has to be drilled through to mount them correctly. Here is the End result.

I also figured I would de-badge the trunk while I was outside. I used dental floss to pick the leters off the hatch, and then sprayed the residue down with bug and tar remover. I was able to pick it off real easy with my finger nail. After it was removed I then polished the area with some meguires polish.

I had every intention to paint my tails today as well, but I didn't feel like it after takin over 2 hours on the mudflaps. :lol: Here is whats waiting for me tomorrow :).

Here is my little helper. She was very sad that I spent all day with my OTHER baby and not her.:rolleyes:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Pics last night after I finished paiting/clearcoating my tailights.

And today in the daytime.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Loving the flaps and the painted tails! I swapped my painted tails for clear ones last week and now I'm already regretting it. :lol:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It was nerve-wracking to do the painting myself because I have had no experience painting tailights before. It came out fairly well, but I still need to wetsand/polish them in about a week when I know they are ready for it. I love the way they look, I could never go back to stock. :cool: I am going to get my windows tinted next weekend. I'm not sure what % tint would look the best though.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Loving the flaps and the painted tails! I swapped my painted tails for clear ones last week and now I'm already regretting it. :lol:

It only takes ~$14 for some new painted tails! :cool:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Midevil's SSM 2010 WRX STI

The painted tails look good. Did you paint them on the car?
No I masked the tailights off, removed, and then masked off the side of the lights for the spray. I don't think it is safe to paint them while on the car.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The tails came out very nice!
Thanks for the compliment.:) I attempted to remove my air intake silencer this weekend. It did not turn out too well, lol. I ended up setting off a CEL when it was removed. I don't know how people are able to remove it without throwing a code. I also decided I wasn't going to waste my time with a home depot lip because it would be cheesy. I can't wait till my birthday brings me a AP.:rolleyes:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

After returning from my week long Carribean cruise, I decided to order the ERZ quad tip catback from ERZ Performance. I like the look more than my current SPT setup, and think it fits the rear or the car better. Upcoming plans: I plan to tint my car and install a BaysonR lip around birthday time early May:cool:. With this arriving I plan to paint it some variance of flat black, not sure what paint I will want to use yet. I would also like to remove the grill and paint it the same all black and possibly change the color of the subaru emblem, or at least remove the chrome backing. If the funds are willing, I might as well throw in some hellasupertones while the grill is off. I will probably be selling my SPT exhaust to fund my accessport as well.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Went to a local Suby meet on Thursday, ate some good food and met some cool people. Snapped some photos while I was there, some came out ok and some came out a little out of focus. The camera is a Canon 50D EOS. I am new to photography so although the camera is good, the pics weren't that great because I suck at takin night pics. If anyone has some tips for night time shooting they would be appreciated.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Midevil's SSM 2010 WRX STI - New Pics 5/2/10

Just an update on my Journal:

I have an appointment at IAG performance on May 20th to have my ERZ CB and Tsudo DP installed as well as my first oil change(2500mi). Will be purchasing Cobb AP to flash to Stage 2 at this time.

I've devised a plan of action for upgrading my engine in this particular order:
1) Grimmspeed Air Oil Separator
2) KillerB Oil pickup tube
3) Perrin Fuel Rail kit/DW injectors/Walbro fuel pump/AEM intake and Protune

I am concerned that now that I am going Stage 2, there is a concern if something were to happen where I would need warranty work, my claims would be denied on the basis of the mods. I have been researching known issues with our motors and want to address each one of these issues with a counter-solution.

I am going to get the AOS to improve my octane, lower knock, and keep things generally safe in that department. The oil pickup tube is to address the known issues with the stock pickup tubes, obviously. Another concern I had was with the ringland issues. I want to solve this potential issue by getting perrin fuel rails to evenly distribute the fuel into the pistons. While doing this I might as well get bigger injectors and a new fuel pump;). Knowing I need a protune for this, I am going to buy an AEM CAI before tune so I don't need a retune at a later time.

I think I have addressed all of the known engine issues that I am aware of, but would like to know if I missed any. Is there any other products I could buy to make my engine more reliable and solid?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts