IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a mesh grill for my 06 sti but i cant find any at all...got any ideas?
also this may sound weird but i want to cut that big fin off. it is 2 peices and i want to take the top part off and leave the bottow part of the fin but i need some sort fo cap for the screw holes...any help?
thanks

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if you look at the fin it is two pieces i think...i want to take the top part off and have the curved bottom part with something to cap the 3 screw holes where the top part was. does that make sense?

· Registered
902 Posts
I believe he is talking about the rear wing and DONT' DO IT. There are actually pictures here of somones attempt at capping the tops of the lower portion off and it looked like trash. Let me find the pics and you can judge for yourself. This person made the caps himself and I doubt you would find a production version.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the pics, i dont like it at all. although with my idea, i would want it to come to some sort of a point instead of flat...his looked like the top part was supposed to be there, i want mine to look like its supposed to be how i have it.
i am going to take it to a local fabricator and see what he has to say about that and about a mesh grill..

· Registered
6,209 Posts
I just posted something about the grill craft one. I like it, but wanted to see more pictures. On the Mauro motor sports website it's not clear if it includes the 3 piece top and the bottom grill as well. Anyone know?

· /////////
8,593 Posts
GotSTI? said:
I just posted something about the grill craft one. I like it, but wanted to see more pictures. On the Mauro motor sports website it's not clear if it includes the 3 piece top and the bottom grill as well. Anyone know?
Yeah you have an option to buy the huge lower pc, those things are hea vyy :(

· /////////
8,593 Posts
gohrsepwr said:
the grillcraft looks much better in rl than in the pics, it must be camera shy lol. everyone who sees mine really likes it. its a pain in the butt to install though.
I like how it looks I just wish they made it with lighter materials, show us some pics.

*edit* NM I saw it :tup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.