IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a recent post response, I vented off course slightly of an unfortunate encounter that xyzyx00 posted. I'm sure we're all aware of the issues in media of the equality of justice we face, some more than others.

I tie this back into the automotive scene by asking:
How severely are you profiled as an STi driver?

I came from the Dub club (20th GTi), it was quite comical to see reactions from officers and civilians until ignorance ensued
(unlawful stops, people thought I was stealing my own car, called authorities)

Hopefully some light can be shed with your most memorable STi experience, positive or negative!

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!"
-Jackie Moon

Edited for uschearak :beer:

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Re: ASSumptions make you look like a ahole

Don't know that I've ever been stopped due to STI. But I have been stopped in the STI several times for very slightly tinted windows and once for loud exhaust. the officers involved in the tinted windo stops were all quite surprised to find a 50+ driver. The AH who stopped for the loud exhaust should never be allowed to be an officer or carry a gun. He was was an AH and an idiot who thought he knew me better than myself. After crowding me out of my lane (before he stopped me), he spent a half an hour making me walk lines, stand on one foot, shining a very bright flashlight into my eyes while telling instructing me to keep them open when I blinked ( I should have refused - it was to fn bright), and looking for tracks on my arms. This was about 11pm in my own driveway, and I had just driven 45 minutes from a 3 hr workout. If he reads this, he's welcome to come apologize.

5 yrs ago in the WRX I was once lasered and stopped by a female cop. Was the first (only?) time I have/had ever been given a warning for speeding. Wondered if they weren't just testing the laser - this was coming down the NJ side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts

Race baiting at its finest. Please leave this out of these forums, no one wants to talk about politics in here.....if you do, go find a left wing/right wing forum

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts

Don't know that I've ever been stopped due to STI. But I have been stopped in the STI several times for very slightly tinted windows and once for load exhaust. the officers involved in the tinted windo stops were all quite surprised to find a 50+ driver. The AH who stopped for the loud exhaust should never be allowed to be an officer or carry a gun. He was was an AH and an idiot who thought he knew me better than myself. After crowding me out of my lane (before he stopped me), he spent a half an hour making me walk lines, stand on one foot, shining a very bright flashlight into my eyes while telling instruction me to keep them open ( I should have refused - it was to fn bright), and looking for tracks on my arms. This was about 11pm and I had just driven 45 minutes from a 3 hr workout. If he reads this,
he's welcome to come apologize.

5 yrs ago in the WRX I was once lasered and stopped by a female cop. Was the first (only?) time I have/had ever been given a warning for speeding. Wondered if they weren't just testing the laser - this was coming down the NJ side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
Geez you're making it seem like Colorado cops are the coolest cops around! I have a straight exhaust - very loud, obviously - lowered and dark tint with my front plates on the windshield and I have never been stopped or anything of sorts about my car. There's been two occasions on a signal light where the officers actually said they liked my STI lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Race baiting at its finest. Please leave this out of these forums, no one wants to talk about politics in here.....if you do, go find a left wing/right wing forum
What politics?

Sorry YOU feel that way... didn't know STi drivers are subject to a certain race. I only attempted to correlate a unfortunate situation into an automotive forum.

And I quote myself.

"I tie this back into the automotive scene by asking:
How severely are you profiled as an STi driver?"

"Hopefully some light can be shed with your most memorable STi experience, positive or negative!"

Thanks for ASSuming!

·
Premium Member
870 Posts

In a recent post response, I vented off course slightly of an unfortunate encounter that xyzyx00 posted. I'm sure we're all aware of the issues in media of the equality of justice we face, some more than others.

I came from the Dub club (20th GTi) and being 6'5 and black, it was quite comical to see reactions from officers and civilians until ignorance ensued

Hopefully some light can be shed with your most memorable STi experience, positive or negative!

-Jackie Moon
What politics?

Sorry YOU feel that way... didn't know STi drivers are subject to a certain race. I only attempted to correlate a unfortunate situation into an automotive forum.

And I quote myself.

"I tie this back into the automotive scene by asking:
How severely are you profiled as an STi driver?"

"Hopefully some light can be shed with your most memorable STi experience, positive or negative!"

Thanks for ASSuming!
Thanks for just being an ass.

Why did you interject your race into the conversation if race has nothing to do with it? Get over yourself and move this post to off topic at the very least.

Admins, can we please delete this garbage?:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for just being an ass.

Why did you interject your race into the conversation if race has nothing to do with it? Get over yourself and move this post to off topic at the very least.

Admins, can we please delete this garbage?:confused:
so....its that not a topic of recent media?

was it not brought into a open forum with opinion of personal experience?

are you hurt by my story?

or do you have anything to contribute to the post at hand of your memorable experience?

·
Premium Member
870 Posts

so....its that not a topic of recent media?

was it not brought into a open forum with opinion of personal experience?

are you hurt by my story?

or do you have anything to contribute to the post at hand of your memorable experience?
I really don't care about your hurt feelings about perceived unfairness, whether it's true or not.

Add value to these forums by talking about how the sti handles, or recent mods, not about yourself.

Narcissistic race baiting :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

I really don't care about your hurt feelings about perceived unfairness, whether it's true or not.

Add value to these forums by talking about how the sti handles, or recent mods, not about yourself.

Narcissistic race baiting :lol:
Then why are you in here? I didnt know my feelings were hurt. I didnt leave negative rep until given....:rofl:

So.....how is your STi experience?

Anything to contribute? As a new STi owner, any unique experiences you have that someone like myself coming from a more subtle model should know? safe to say exhausts are loud. lol

or is your 15 minutes of post fame still on? addressing you is already off topic as is, so how's your car? great build! it actually makes you slightly more tolerable!

·
Registered
669 Posts

I came from the Dub club (20th GTi), it was quite comical to see reactions from officers and civilians until ignorance ensued

-Jackie Moon

Edited for uschearak :beer:
So have you taken delivery of your STi yet? Are you coming from a different STi? I'm just confused as to how oyu could have experienced "unlawful stops, people thought I was stealing my own car, called authorities" because of STi if you're not taking delivery until "Month of August-2016"

·
Registered
311 Posts

I'm scratching my head wondering what I am reading and why uschearak has such an ENORMOUS signature photo and how this thread is even a thread or why it hasn't been deleted yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Im reading this thread saying wtf is this crap and why is it in the 2015 section?
Idk bud.

I had a honest question that turned into Bill o' Reilly segment (so hostile lol).
I'm not to let one ruin the bunch.
How's your STi? do you have anything to contribute?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

So have you taken delivery of your STi yet? Are you coming from a different STi? I'm just confused as to how oyu could have experienced "unlawful stops, people thought I was stealing my own car, called authorities" because of STi if you're not taking delivery until "Month of August-2016"
I was speaking from MY past vehicle. My other posts state such.
soooooooo i try to tie back into the original question at hand lol

ARE there any expereinces that you can share as an STi owner seeing that I HAVE NOT taken delivery and my past personal experience were from a GTi and my encounters.

I was looking forward to learning about yours as an STi driver....but I see its easier in life just to form your own opinions, rather than come to a fourm of question and dicussion?

:confused: lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I'm also confused as to the point of this thread...
what memorable experience do you have that are unique to an STi driver?

"hey bud, nice evo!"

"omg, does that wing add 5 hp?"

*occoasional man drool* or subjective glares from cops that think you caused those tire marks, not the brostang*

etc. etc. etc.

man this was difficult. lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts