IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick question..have an oppurtunity to pick up what i presume is megan racings cheapest non catted downpipe tom for 100 bucks plus tax brand new. Supposedly retails for 199..i have an accessport on order is this a decent downipe and will it fit up directly to my stock exhuast? thanks in advance, ryan

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
nah i wouldnt

·
Registered
451 Posts
i wouldnt either. from experience, buddy brought me his megan downpipe to install, fitment is garbage. doesnt even line up. save up some more and get good quality.:cool: :tup:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
How about we hear from someone that has a Megan DP?

Any who, I got mine from slowboyracing.com for $186 shipped. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. And yes it is a bellmouth designed down-pipe unlike the stocker or the HKS. So I dont know what dp you guys are talking about. The DP comes in a week later and I decide to do the install myself. By the way the dp looks awesome; had a nice shine to it, and with a nice megan racing badge on it. I installed the bad boy and fitment was an A+. Not a single problem and it bolted right up to my cat back and turbo without ANY problems. Why spend an extra $250 for something that is going to do the same exact thing? I'd rather save that $250 and put it towards a tune afterwards.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I installed the bad boy and fitment was an A+. Not a single problem and it bolted right up to my cat back and turbo without ANY problems. Why spend an extra $250 for something that is going to do the same exact thing? I'd rather save that $250 and put it towards a tune afterwards.
Did you bolt it to stock catback? I'm gonna get it and hope it bolts to stock.

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
I have the megan catless DP. Fitment is great, 4 inch bellmouth design. Best for the money IMO.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Might be too late, but I thought I'd comment. I have the catless Megan Racing downpipe and have nothing but good things to say about it. Looks good, fit great, used an adapter to bolt up to stock catback (from rallysportdirect.com) and I love the power boost from stage 2. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Where are you getting it new 100?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dude sounds good i just got a Megan racing down pipe, Perrin up pipe, lightweight crank pulley, Samco intercooler hoses, and an agency power inlet pipe.. im just curious if anyone knows how significant power increases actually are for these parts and what to do to eliminate oxygen sensor codes for downstream sensor... How to Fool the computer into thinking it has a cat? Im also thinking of getting either a Borla header or an agency power header... I dont like flex pipes on a header for sure.:cool:
Any good reliable input? I want to make close to 400 bhp

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Megan racing Down Pipe works Fine i have had it on my 06 Since 06 and its a perfect fit and 4'' bell mouth. Got it from SlowBoyracing.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts