• Oct 22 - sunday

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to organize a get-together at Mid Atlantic Grand Prix
Click Here for some Saturday in October. Its in Delaware, but the drive is very easy. Its only an hour-and-a-half from Annapolis, MD. Over the Bay bridge, up 301, skip over to route 1/route 13 and up to New Castle. Anyone wanting to caravan, a meet-up in Annapolis would be best.

Having done group events there in the past, its best with 30 people.
Last time I went, we all paid $50 for three races. Groups are split up randomly. The first two races were qualifiers running 10 people at a time for 10 minutes (20 laps). Based on your best lap, you're sorted into the final groups, slowest group first, then middle, then the final race with the 10 best. The final race will be a 20 minute race (40 laps).

No equipment is needed, but if you have your own helmet, you can bring it.

After all the races are over, there is a Hooters restaurant a few miles down the same road where we'll go for lunch.

Depending upon MAGP's schedule, I am hoping for an 11 AM start time, so those driving for 2 hours won't have to get up too early.

What do you guys think? I left it open to multiple votes, so vote for any day you are able to go.

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
That would be awesome! Count me in, must be a sunday though.

OT - Someone woke up early today LoL.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have thought of adding sunday as an option. MODS, a little help adding each respective Sunday to the poll?

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
i added two sundays (cause you can't have more than 5 options) so if you guys want another date you'll just have to say so. I would be up for this though.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I'm up for it on a Sunday.... Only problem is I developed an "issue" with the Bay Bridge in the past few years..... Funny, I had no problem with it in my late teens/early twenties. But, let's just say I was under the influence most of the time. :lol: I may need someone to hold my hand while crossing the 4.3miles of TERROR. :scurred: :rofl:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to not like it either, but now I drive it every single day. Its become a non issue for me. I go 100mph now without any uneasiness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts