IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
metal fab is all done car is now getting prepped at the body shop will then need to get the suspension sorted out and the hood cut for a drop in wrc vent then and back to the body shop for paint

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts
Not a lot of filler, says alot about the craftsmanship of the body shop you used. Can't wait to see this one in color!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Not a lot of filler, says alot about the craftsmanship of the body shop you used. Can't wait to see this one in color!!!
The metal fabrication work by Jendro's Customs was very detailed and I'm sure the body shop can appreciate that.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Oh my, the white really accentuates those curves. :tup:
What is the final plan for color?
I really wanted a white STi back in late 04 and it was an odyssey to locate this one when inventory was low...so I am going to stick with oem aspen white the choice is a similar theme as the whole intent was to convert the ride to a bugeye and go wide body following the same lines

·
Registered
827 Posts
I really wanted a white STi back in late 04 and it was an odyssey to locate this one when inventory was low...so I am going to stick with oem aspen white the choice is a similar theme as the whole intent was to convert the ride to a bugeye and go wide body following the same lines
Nice. I'm going out on a limb and saying it'll look fuckin badass. ;)

I'm planning on going some shade of white with mine too, but it'll be truck bed liner for most of it (Line-X in white) with the roof in black or gunmetal. Also couldn't find a white STi in my search, though a lot had to do with finding an unmolested white '06.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
It's always hard to find what your looking for when seeking out a car, but when it's all said and done you will have made it your own. As for color...I am bit to conservative when it comes to paint schemes, but I'm sure a two tone would look great. I'll be using wrx side skirts with jdm aero guards with a textured black paint and that's about as creative I will get with the paint.

·
Registered
827 Posts
It's always hard to find what your looking for when seeking out a car, but when it's all said and done you will have made it your own. As for color...I am bit to conservative when it comes to paint schemes, but I'm sure a two tone would look great. I'll be using wrx side skirts with jdm aero guards with a textured black paint and that's about as creative I will get with the paint.
Yeah, can definitely understand that, the conservative look is definitely becoming more appealing to me lately. Granted, I'm halfway considering a color similar to WRB which wouldn't be nearly as conservative, then again, it's an STi, conservative isn't really there. Anyways, I'll end my tangent in your thread and go back to lurking like before. Cheers, I'll be watching for the updates when yours gets back from the body shop.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
A few months! I don't think I can take the wait.
It's a long wait for a 2 month project that is now coming up a year...I remember driving the car two and a half hours to drop it back on Nov. 18th of 2012. I am going to try to make it out for a visit this Monday should have some more pics then.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts