323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
guirgis2005 said:
^^^ u do 12.7 with what mods ?
YouTube said:
STI: intake/turboback catless exhaust/prodrive boost solenoid/accessport & protune/ported exhaust manifolds/copper plugs/ebay top mount intercooler

S4: twin K04 [email protected]/GIAC custom tuned/upgraded fuel system & larger maf/turboback exhaust/RS4 clutch etc etc

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
178 Posts
there is a guy running 12.3 with less mods , not to say your doing bad but just trying to explain to the other guy asking how real 12's is with stg 2 protuned.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
STI4AKING said:
there is a guy running 12.3 with less mods , not to say your doing bad but just trying to explain to the other guy asking how real 12's is with stg 2 protuned.
and i ran 12.7 with much less mods, will be going back to the track soon :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
So, does that mean with my mods I'm in the 12's??

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RSXKiller said:
So, does that mean with my mods I'm in the 12's??
not until you run it and post a timeslip :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice runs. That's pretty good to be slightly ahead of a Stage 3 K04'd S4 at those speeds. I used to have a chipped Stage 2 S4 and it was a torque monster and no slouch on the highway. A K04'd S4 is a whole different beast and pulls very hard up top. I know there can be a big variation among S4's and the way they run. Some weaker, some stronger. I had a "factory freak" S4 that when stock could hang with chipped S4's supposedly making 40-50 more hp. Again for the mods you have, being on the stock turbo that's pretty impressive. Just out of curiosity, do you what tuning/software that S4 is running?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
darkcrystal05 said:
Nice runs. That's pretty good to be slightly ahead of a Stage 3 K04'd S4 at those speeds. I used to have a chipped Stage 2 S4 and it was a torque monster and no slouch on the highway. A K04'd S4 is a whole different beast and pulls very hard up top. I know there can be a big variation among S4's and the way they run. Some weaker, some stronger. I had a "factory freak" S4 that when stock could hang with chipped S4's supposedly making 40-50 more hp. Again for the mods you have, being on the stock turbo that's pretty impressive. Just out of curiosity, do you what tuning/software that S4 is running?
The S4 has the AWE K04 kit w/ GIAC tuned by VAST performance in michigan, larger maf housing/injectors, downpipes, apr stealth exhaust, mbc @ 23psi full weight w/ pump gas and has run [email protected] at our track in similar temps.

I disabled his speed limiter with lemmiwinks and yeah, wow, pulling power 140+mph would own me hard... going to take quite the powerful STi to step to that car in accleration from and above those speeds!

And for reference, my mods:

-Megan Turboback catless exhaust (3" turbo to tip, straight through muffler)
-Prodrive Boost Solenoid
-K&N Typhoon Intake w/ stock snorkel removed and "ram air thingy" end chopped off feeding filter (whoopty doo)
-Crucial ported/coated factory exhaust manifolds and injen crosspipe
-SSautochrome ebaycooler
-Accessport Protuned by Ed @ EQtuning (www.eqtuning.com) - 93 octane

Car weighs 3400-3420 w/ me in it and is driven with the spare/jack removed, plugs are NGK v-power copper LFR6A-11 gapped to .028", just your basic "stg2" car with a couple add ons that didn't seem to do much (namely, the manifolds) and a lot of hours spent with ed perfecting the tune... fuel pump goes in tommorow as we need to clean the fuel map up some and see what else we can get out of her before it goes to the track again this weekend... just a note, every single car on this board can perform like this, but you're not going to get the horsepower/psi on the factory solenoid without a spring, which to me isn't a good solution either... plug & play prodrive solenoid has made the most remarkable difference from where the car was when it ran the time/trap in my sig and what it's picked up now (able to hold more boost to redline, flow more air and make more power!) ... it's all in the parts & tuner

·
Registered
84 Posts
nice run.... It is the shortcommings of your stock turbo that is becomming aparent at those speeds... You need something more substantial to keep pulling the car at those speeds... Oh, and your overdriven 5th gear is hurting as well...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts