IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just passed 1100 miles this week and decided it was time to open her up (of course after a proper oil change). MY LORD! You can't even begin to comprehend how fast this car is. I'm excited to see how it gets over time, but I just figured I had to share my enthusiasm with everyone else. That first time flooring it is absolutely amazing!

I didn't hear any detonation, I'm hoping I got lucky :)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Yup. Amazing. Of course babying around for 1k miles didn't help. I think opening almost anything up would have been amazing... well maybe not. The thing that got me was how it pulled like it did up to 4k, I could not really imagine it still pulling like it does to redline. The hard part was then trying to keep myself from "opening it up" at every chance I got.

·
Registered
114 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
Yup. Amazing. Of course babying around for 1k miles didn't help. I think opening almost anything up would have been amazing... well maybe not. The thing that got me was how it pulled like it did up to 4k, I could not really imagine it still pulling like it does to redline. The hard part was then trying to keep myself from "opening it up" at every chance I got.
Can you compare it to the TT 94+ Supra? Acceleration, decceleration, handling, comfort...

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Anyone considering a navigation system?

Well my Supra is far from stock and it's been awhile since I drove a stock Supra. Stock for stock I think they are close performance wise with the STi having the advantage off the line due to AWD and the Supra at speed. It is hard to launch my modified Supra off the line without breaking the tires loose. Even slamming second gear in my Supra breaks the tires loose bad. Depending on the drivers and maybe tires the STi might be able to get out of the hole quicker/easier but my Supra would have no problem catching and blowing past it. I think my STi rides a lot nicer but my Supra's suspension is modified. The STi might brake better and stock vs stock I think the handling is pretty close depending on tires and road surface. For day to day driving I would take my STi anyday over my Supra. Stock for stock though, from what I can remember, I think they would be pretty close in day to day driving. I have been wondering about all this myself but it is hard for me to tell since my Supra is not stock.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey on an unrelated topic, is it just me or is the stock diverter (BOV) valve pretty loud during WOT between shifts? I could have swore, unless my brain was just filling in the natural gap, that I heard a woosh!

·
Registered
359 Posts
With regards to WOT :

NOW GUYS, remember that kidney transplants are a fairly easy procdure now days.... still, nevertheless please sit firmly back in your seat.

mind you, your head whipping back might create a problem... as concusions are condsidered serious... just be careful... head trauma is serious .. :lol: :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rally Suspension

I totally agree with the performance of this car. Did the same thing...went past 1k, change oil to Mobil 1 and stomped it. Woo Hoo! Went out on my fav back roads with my 1990 Porsche C2 (good tires, big red brakes, chipped, etc...about 300 engine HP). Then went out with STI. STI was quicker and more fun...has beautiful trailing throttle oversteer. Nailing it through corners starts with understeer and ends with slight oversteer as dccd kicks in...haven't tried manual mode agressively...but I will!

Anyone want a 90 C2?

·
Registered
343 Posts
chasmcco said:
I totally agree with the performance of this car. Did the same thing...went past 1k, change oil to Mobil 1 and stomped it. Woo Hoo! Went out on my fav back roads with my 1990 Porsche C2 (good tires, big red brakes, chipped, etc...about 300 engine HP). Then went out with STI. STI was quicker and more fun...has beautiful trailing throttle oversteer. Nailing it through corners starts with understeer and ends with slight oversteer as dccd kicks in...haven't tried manual mode agressively...but I will!

Anyone want a 90 C2?
I too have been using the local country roads as my test track. Man I'm having fun on the $hitty roads of Pennsylvania. Though, I think I have reached the limits of being "safe" on public roads. It's time to take it to the track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts