IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey MD guys im just looking for a good place to paint or powdercoat my wheels...any good suggestions? I am too much of a worry freak to do it myself and i dont trust my friends so anyone have a good/decent priced place that does wheel powdercoating?

any help would be awsome :tup:

-andrew

·
3,274 Posts
A guy around here used Mobile Wheel Refinishers and they did great work.

http://www.wheelrefinisher.com/

They painted his wheels gunmetal and they look AMAZING. I was gridded next to him at yesterdays Auto-X and I'm really tempted to get a set of stockers painted gunmetal now.

I would paint them, powdercoating might weaken the rim.

·
Registered
437 Posts
kts262 said:
A guy around here used Mobile Wheel Refinishers and they did great work.

http://www.wheelrefinisher.com/

They painted his wheels gunmetal and they look AMAZING. I was gridded next to him at yesterdays Auto-X and I'm really tempted to get a set of stockers painted gunmetal now.

I would paint them, powdercoating might weaken the rim.

Thanks for the compliments.
The cost to have them painted is around $500. They will even pick them up from your house and balance and return them in about 2 days.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow thats awsome...i was looking to do the oe type gold paint or a nice gunmetal....500 bucks seems decent and picking them up is a dream haha

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now the only concern is i have some rash here and there is that a problem or do you think itl be ok to paint? or....would they fix it in the painting process?!!?!:lol:

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
SpeedFactory said:
The cost to have them painted is around $500. They will even pick them up from your house and balance and return them in about 2 days.

Nigels car :D

·
3,274 Posts
SpeedFactory said:
No problem, I couldn't remember your screen name, but I was hoping you'd find this thread. :)

I am super jealous of your car and how clean it is. I felt ashamed to have my dirty car next to yours. ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's all good man. I hardly drive mine around...you could ask Jet...so it's supposed to be clean. Speaking of clean, a black STi with gunmetal wheels and cleared headlights will look great;)

One other thing to keep in mind is the finish on a painted wheel will not be as durable as oem.

·
3,274 Posts
SpeedFactory said:
Speaking of clean, a black STi with gunmetal wheels and cleared headlights will look great;)
I have a plan for another set of auto-x wheels. My first choice won't clear the Brembos, :( but I have another set in mind as Plan B that will fit, I just have to figure out what color to go with. I'm stuck with between 2 colors, both of which I think will look "interesting" on a Black STi. ;)

I'm thinking of the cleared headlights too. Seeing them on your car really made me want them.

And would you drive that thing some more? sheesh! I'm like 150 miles away from hitting 36k miles. :(

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There is also the "ye ole wheel shop" in Elkridge. I've had my rims painted there, they also do rim repair as well... Bad thing is they are so busy turn around is about 2 weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts