IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying the MB Quart PCE 216 + iaperformance thick spacers for the front doors. I've read from December on here that people had bad vibration problems with the same set up. Were the spacers fixed after this and has anyone installed them since with this setup? Also do I need to buy the tweeter brackets or are they on the door already? I'm sorry if this has been beat to death but i'd like to make sure i got everythign ready so I have no suprises once i yank the door panels in the middle of winter.

·
Banned
596 Posts
The overall design has remained the same, but revisions in the installation manual have been made to alleviate door rattling issues. The recipe for a door rattle is as follows:

Running full range frequency
Head unit powered
Loud sound levels with low frequencies (bass notes)

We welcome feedback from all users so as to keep our revisions in step with listeners' needs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What were the revisions again? I thought I remember reading to undo one of the spacer screws. I found a way to alleviate it was to just not snap the final plastic retainer in near the speaker.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
for those with vibration... 99% of the time its because the speaker is hitting the door... for those that have to use spacers, you can remove a plug in the window thatwill give you up toanother .5" depth!!! I went from using 10 spacers to 0 with my CL61s :)

Robert~

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Innovative_Automotive said:
The recipe for a door rattle is as follows:

Running full range frequency
Head unit powered
Loud sound levels with low frequencies (bass notes)
Can you explain how head unit power makes a difference?

·
Registered
73 Posts
If there is a plug to remove to give another .5 inch of depth, does this mean that we can now exceed three inches of depth and be able to fit things like focal utopias, CDT eurosports, etc? I would be SO happy if there was a way to fit these guys in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts