IW STi Forum banner

1861 - 1863 of 1863 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,861
Ok, so Prime tested everything and couldn't find anything wrong and could only recommend replacing significant amounts of wiring which just isn't worth it on the car imho, especially since we have no clue if that's actually the cause. So they replaced the o2 sensor and came to the realization that the one cylinder was showing high roughness (which I pointed out was known since the build, Demetri actually had me monitor the roughness after the build but it had gotten worse). So they pulled the injectors and sent them to ID for servicing. Going onto my second week of a rental which stinks and makes this all the more costly. Ah well.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,862
Didn't want to leave it hanging as it took 3 weeks without my car to pull the injectors, send them to ID, etc.
So one of the injectors was bad and I strongly suspect since day one as it had that roughness issue. The car is now running at 110% and bringing smiles to my face once again. Idles better. Some random knock now gone. Starts like a champ and roars to life. Glad to have her back and hope I get a few more good years out of her.

1861 - 1863 of 1863 Posts