IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1859 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Ok, answers to a bunch of questions:

I ordered the Spoolinator 1/10, it arrived today, so 1 month 1 week.

I went with the supertrapp over the dumptube and the GTX3067 over the GTX3071 due to conversations with Chris @ Killer B.

I'm hoping it hits 400 whp on Prime's dyno but I really don't know... my setup is much stronger than the Killer B prototype's setup... plus I went built motor so I didn't need a "conservative" tune as much. But yeah, my target is 400 whp :) Then next year, work on suspension a bit more.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ok, answers to a bunch of questions:

I ordered the Spoolinator 1/10, it arrived today, so 1 month 1 week.

I went with the supertrapp over the dumptube and the GTX3067 over the GTX3071 due to conversations with Chris @ Killer B.

I'm hoping it hits 400 whp on Prime's dyno but I really don't know... my setup is much stronger than the Killer B prototype's setup... plus I went built motor so I didn't need a "conservative" tune as much. But yeah, my target is 400 whp :) Then next year, work on suspension a bit more.
Hopefully I can get around 400whp as well, seeing how our setups are almost identical. :eek:

I'll probably go coilovers once my OEM setup needs replacing (58k on them already).

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I just worry that Jr might then focus on the e85 tune rather than putting 100% in the 93 tune. I have no clue how he organizes his work but wasting time on the e85 tune that could be spent on the 93 and somehow the 93 being less than it could have been is my issue. I want maximum driveability on the 93 tune while the e85, unless NJ suddenly gets e85, would literally be used on the dyno and only the dyno (and for bragging rights ;). The $100 is pointless in itself.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
Dropped my car off at Prime at 10:30ish today. Big filming there, 1320 video I think. Had some fun on my way there as a last hurrah for the stock block. No, I refused to clutch dump as I'm keeping it as a backup. And sadly forgot to switch to my high boost map...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Dropped my car off at Prime at 10:30ish today. Big filming there, 1320 video I think. Had some fun on my way there as a last hurrah for the stock block. No, I refused to clutch dump as I'm keeping it as a backup. And sadly forgot to switch to my high boost map...

YouTube
My car will be joining your's next week :)

btw, it says the video is private

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Unfortunately my uppipe is not modified as of today and therefore I cannot pick up my car on Saturday. Date of availability to be determined.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I had a killer b IWG uppipe, had to pull it, ship it to VA, and have Killer B do it.
But I imagine Killer B is a tad back logged based on lead times for their headers.

·
Registered
497 Posts
why couldnt prime just make a EWG bung and be done? its not that hard... mark it when its installed...cut and weld a flange... WALLAH?!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I'm certain they're capable but maybe it has to do with preserving the warranty? Or maybe matching the 321? No update as to the timing. I'll keep my fingers crossed but I imagine a worst case has to be next weekend... I'm just grumpy as I'm a) missing my car severely and b) stuck driving a [email protected]%$%@$#%@ Kia Optima rental...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Had a great Thursday.
Had to drive 2 hrs last night home from the hospital in a crappy rental Kia which is normally a 25 minute trip (was there for 2 days with my little girl (2) who had pneumonia. Had to shovel 8 inches off the driveway when I finally got there (hence the ultra slow commute). In addition to having a happy and healthy little girl again, I also found out my uppipe is in the mail! Due to the weather not sure if it will get here in time for a Saturday installation but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Sadly was keeping my fingers crossed on the off chance it might get there today but I'd imagine there isn't enough time left to install the uppipe and do the initial oil change break-in :/

Renewed my rental for another week. I am certain there must have been a better way than what I did, oh well. 750 in rental presuming it is indeed available next Saturday.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I'll post some pics momentarily once they upload to flicker but apparently my oil pan had some snot in it and Prime recommended switching from my Crawford AOS to the IAG. Also there was apparently quite a bit in the AOS when they removed it. As they have them in stock, I have no issues with it.

81 - 100 of 1859 Posts