IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1861 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Spoke with Killer B and Prime. Spoolinator should be available soon. Can't wait.

After driving home in the snow and ice, to my wife as I walk in the door, "Have I told you how awesome my car is?" Its probably the 50th time in 2 years I've said it to my wife. She definitely is happy that I actually enjoy something so much - she's mildly against modding just because in the past its made me anxious when I log :)

The Corsa exhaust still has the serious problem of deafening cold starts that will eventually drive my neighbors to firebomb my garage but its otherwise /so/ nice... My wife even gave me permission to keep it now :) She doesn't think the cold starts are any worse than the SPT after the ELH but ... the exhaust points at the neighbor's house, not ours...

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Sadly, double delays.

Spoolinator isn't yet available but probably will be shortly.

Additionally, the easy resolution for my IWG vs EWG uppipe fell through so I'll have to have mine sent to Killer B for modification so that will increase my car's downtime.

Sadpanda

On the bright side, my pocket's 2nd hole (parts were the 1st) won't be made until after the parts are available (labor) :)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Nah, I was supposed to drop it off this weekend. I knew it wasn't going to happen as they needed to give me heads up so I can grab a rental car. So the order of things will be:

1) Prime receives Spoolinator. Prime sends it out for ceramic coating. Prime to Maz: Drop off your car!
2) Drop off car, pick up rental in East Rutherford
3) Prime will remove my uppipe and ship it to Killer B for modification
Not sure how they'll do things as I doubt they want my car sitting in a bay for that long but they must have a normal methodology for handling it... maybe they just push the cars out, who knows...
Prime will swap all components and put in the new built block (already built)
4) Prime receives uppipe back, installs whatever remains.
5) Prime to Maz: Pick up your damn car!
6) Maz puts 500 miles on the car
7) Maz returns for tune

So I'm guessing it will be at least 3 more weeks until I get to taste delicious Spoolinating goodness :( Actually, worse than that unless I find a way to put 500 miles on somewhat fast :/

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I basically just decided to let Prime do the break in for me... I'm too impatient. That way the car is 100% when I pick it up. :eek:

I'll be taking the train home lol.
I probably could get the train but I commute so sort of need my car since I gave away my prior daily.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I'm sure Prime will come through and I am very sure they will do a fantastic job! I just don't want to be another ranter saying that IAG would have been quicker with less downtime despite the drive because they do everything/make anything in house :(

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Then IAG should have responded to my emails ;)

Maybe they just get inundated but as Prime has done fine by me in the past, I would greatly prefer giving them my business anyway.

Since I have some spare time and my bank account has recovered, if anyone has some last minute recommendations, please share.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Have to admit the AMS rotated looks awesome but my car sees 98% commuting, 1% hooning and 1% track... Actually doing the calcs 8 hrs on track 26 hrs hoon and 252 hours commute per year so 88 / 9 / 3.... Zero drag zero autox zero time attack so not sure full rotated is right for me but who knows

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
May I complement your choice in parts sir..

the spoolinator/killerb setup with all those supporting mods should be just fantastic.

I have been putting a parts list together, and it looks almost identical (aside from perhaps

a Grimmspeed TMIC, and a few other things here and there).

First toyed with the notion of a efr7163 setup, but then found myself in the same dom 1.5

vs spoolinator debate, and am leaning heavily towards the spoolinator. In that regard

I do not know which to go with yet, the faster spooling 3067 or the higher hp 3071.

That said, I am very eager to see your results, as it will have bearing on my own build,

which will be done by Lachute Performance. Iag, Prime, and many other shops are just too far

for me, and I have a good relationship with Lachute.

In any case, I honestly do not think you could have picked a better build for what you seemed to

describe as a DD, with some track/auto x on the side. Here is to hoping the reliability of your build

is spot on, as it will definitely act as a litmus test for what is to come on my own car.

Clearly the faster spooling 3067 appealed to you over the 3071.

What are your hopes whp/wtq wise?

Oh and did you go with the supertrap muffler over the dumptube reroute to downpipe

because the reroute would not fit?

61 - 80 of 1861 Posts