IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1863 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yeah, I was hoping to do the same thing with the spoolinator. Install it, ask for a conservative tune, and reinforce the block with drop-in pistons. As Prime are far more of experts than myself, I think it would be foolish of me to tell them to do something other than their recommendation. Once IAG responds, maybe that's another option. I did all the things that to my knowledge should help the block: killer b pickup, AOS, ELH, and I'm anal about my real-time monitoring, checking oil, and oil analysis.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ever since I reflashed to get rid of a bad shift that showed up in FKL, my null boost weirdness disappeared. Haven't seen a smidge of knock either in a while.

·
Registered
497 Posts
have you fixxed or come up with why your A/F learn 1.a.b.c.d were going crazy negative? my car is doing that lately aswell cant figure why.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes and no - I don't have a reason but the AF Learning skews were related. Since I reflashed the highest it ever got was on start up of 8.59. It seems each cold start it then adds or subtracts from that and repeats the same philosophy on entering 6th gear. However, since the reflash, it doesn't do that in 6th anymore... I took several drives and even in 6th gear on the highway it was rock solid and only went above the 1.5 range or so on deceleration and such.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
After some deep thought, while I'm not pulling the trigger until I hear back from Prime, obviously, the power level I want really requires a built motor and therefore that is a sunk cost. My car is my daily driver and any track days are just a fun excuse to get on the pedal a bit harder. Looking at the useable powerband of other cars... I think the Spoolinator really is the right option for me. And it gives me a more unique car thats just a bit shinier and flashier than the one next to me ;) #bigexpensivetoy

·
Registered
855 Posts
The Spoolinator tempts me for sure. I looking forward to seeing how you like it. When are you looking to get it done?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
1st week of February has been my goal.
I'll have Prime do what they can first such as assemble the block I guess?
I presume the bottleneck will be sending my uppipe back to Killer B for modification. I think that is a week or so turn-around.
Now I need to start looking for the cheapest rental options available and figure out if I should rent for a long period of time or if extensions of my rental run the same price...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Alrighty, so:
1) Everything is ordered but I haven't put in a request with a car rental company as I want to give Prime some time to ensure delivery dates as it is a lot of parts and I'm not sure what Killer B's turn-around is.

2) After seeing some posts from [email protected], it would seem even he thinks its only a matter of time before the kit takes out the stock block so it even more so confirms Prime's opinion. Though I admit I got a tad misty eyed thinking of the fact I'm killing my stock block... it runs so freaking beautifully... but I have no way to transport it home or care for it or whatever a stored block needs ... time to research I guess...

3) I get to reinstall my daughter's old carseat in July :)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Found a used Corsa catback... current user thinks its too aggressive and disturbing to his neighbors... this worries me slightly but tempted to pick it up as its a steal and I want a full 3" before I get tuned...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Ok, that officially sucks to hear... wow... Would have preferred to break the order up into multiple pieces... hrm... then I'm at least not in as big a rush to get a new catback and can maybe wait for a milltek to show up...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Traded an awesome dude from NASIOC, SPT for Corsa plus I foot the bills for the swaps. Very satisfied, no drone!!! Looks just as good as the SPT :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I just ordered a full spoolinator build from Prime Motoring with the same stage 2 block you have. Demetri said one of the spoolinator + gtx3067 kit is arriving soon, could it be yours? :)

I was also thinking of plumbing the dump tube into the downpipe, are you still thinking the same thing?

Please let me know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I think it is mine... I know my block was built a few days ago and all they were waiting on was the Spoolinator. Are you the spoolinator that gave the idea for the Supertrapp dump tube muffler? Originally I was going to go with a porsche one but the supertrapp seems very effective so we'll go with that instead. I'll be sure to post a crapton of videos once its in... but I have to solve my catback dilemna now... My wife is making me push the car out of the garge to start it up the past 2 mornings :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I think it is mine... I know my block was built a few days ago and all they were waiting on was the Spoolinator. Are you the spoolinator that gave the idea for the Supertrapp dump tube muffler? Originally I was going to go with a porsche one but the supertrapp seems very effective so we'll go with that instead. I'll be sure to post a crapton of videos once its in... but I have to solve my catback dilemna now... My wife is making me push the car out of the garge to start it up the past 2 mornings :)
Yeah the supertrapp was my idea, I suggested it this morning actually. Looks like you get to be the Guinea pig haha ;)

How long did you have to wait for the spoolinator?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Waiting for my estimate from Prime.

Realizing I keep adding to this and kicking the price up to the point where I'm thinking it might not be affordable for me and I'll have to be split it up into 2015 and 2016 (if beyond, I'd probably just give up at that point).

As an alternative to going full on stupid with the build, I guess I could:

2015 - Uppipe, EWG, BOV, TGV, Airpump Delete, Fuel pump
2016 - Spoolinator & Turbo, Clutch, Pistons, Rods, Stumble Kit

The only problem here is my car would be down for some serious time for both periods as I currently have the non-EWG killer b uppipe and they would have to modify it and I have no idea how long that takes. The EWG and TGVs would give me a small power boost and would be fun.

Another option is just say screw it and maybe do something like GTWorx Bilsteins or coilovers or whatnot and call it a day. Definitely want to do something with my tax return.
I was just reading through your journal and I had the same dilemma...leave the car at Stage 2+ and do some simple stuff and call it quits, split the work over two years, or all at once...I decided to go full stupid and do it all at once. My wallet hates me. :)

41 - 60 of 1863 Posts