IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
Re: Matt_H's 2008 DGM STI

Wheels are in, tires will be mounted and balanced sometime this week or next.

Over the weekend I got a TurboXS up pipe, Tial 44mm wg and a new tune. :)

Going to try to wash the car this week, finish the interior pieces, refinish the fog light surrounds and see about putting the fogs back in. Spring is almost here and I am tired of driving on these winter tires!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

Repainted fog light surrounds, put the fog lights back in, took off the mud flaps until next winter, cleaned wheel wells, cleaned engine bay and installed new wheels and tires. :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #107

I also have clear lenses on the way. I still need to hook up the fogs, they are just sitting in there along with the ballasts.

·
Registered
397 Posts

what springs did you order? im prog going to order some soon. its either a front lip and springs or a header. i cannot decide lol.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Stop posting pics of those wheels. You're making me want to spend money! :lol:

How do you like the TurboXS exhaust so far?

·
Registered
498 Posts

I really like the car man. Great job on the interior man!! takes some big ones to do that with a brand new car!!

Is there a lip in the near future when springs are purchased?!?!?!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #113

what springs did you order? im prog going to order some soon. its either a front lip and springs or a header. i cannot decide lol.
Cobb springs (yep I've read about them, and I still got them). I almost got a lip last week, but the EWG setup swayed me a little. :)

Stop posting pics of those wheels. You're making me want to spend money! :lol:

How do you like the TurboXS exhaust so far?
Haha!

I really like it. It seems quieter (or about the same) at idle and lower speeds, but loud when I 'get on it'.

I really like the car man. Great job on the interior man!! takes some big ones to do that with a brand new car!!

Is there a lip in the near future when springs are purchased?!?!?!!
Thanks, it wasn't too terrible either. It would have been sooner if I had more time. The front doors have plastic welds on the upper gray part so it just took a little more time.

Depends on the ride height but I'll probably pick one up in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

Anyone want a set of brand new Cobb springs? I'm going coilovers and don't need the springs. :lol:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

So much for selling them.

Springs were put on last night, but didn't see the pavement until a few hours ago, waiting for them to settle a little more before an alignment.

Color modded my lights.

And changed the the lenses from fresnel to clear.

Old:

New:

Color modded:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Love the first pic! I hope you make it out to DogFish next week so I can drool over it in person. :lol:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #119

Did you have any trouble with the spring install? I'm in the middle of putting the RCE blacks on mine.
Not really, the rear sway and end links sucked getting them back in. It was just a pain in the *** doing it alone with no extra hands. :lol:

Love the first pic! I hope you make it out to DogFish next week so I can drool over it in person. :lol:
Heh, I should be there for sure if it's on Thursday.

101 - 120 of 303 Posts