IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Re: Matt_H's 2008 DGM STI

Looks great Matt! I'd love to hear the exhaust one day if you're still working in the Chantilly area.
Yep, I'm still working over there, I leave my building at about 4:45 everyday. Shoot me a email or call my cell around that time. I have no access to email or phone before then. It sounds kinda poopy right now since I have a leak though. :lol:

That side shot sells the DGM. The tint and wheels make your car look f'ing sexy.
Thanks man!

i was about to pm you about the tails. Im thinking about clear coating mine after i re-spray, the fade fails :(
The thing about it is, I did clear mine. :mad: I did like 3-4 coats of red with 2-4 coats of clear. I don't know if I want to wet sand them or just lightly scuff them and spray them again or what.... I still need to get my exhaust fixed too. :(

·
Registered
948 Posts

meh that suxs. Not sure then what to do. I may go to a tint shop and see about overlays maybe....

Im probably going to have my exhaust reworked. the Turbo xs catted adapter pipe pushes the whole system down and i scrap it sometimes. I may sell the adapter and have a shop run a new custom pipe from the 4" dp to the first slip joint in the magnaflow and throw a bung on for the 02 sensor.

·
Registered
173 Posts

lowwwerr
more camber!!!! more camber !!!! lol
looks good though i had mine the same way for a while til i lowered it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

lowwwerr
more camber!!!! more camber !!!! lol
looks good though i had mine the same way for a while til i lowered it.
I sold the Advans about two months ago, I'm riding high on 06 STI BBS wheels. I might lower it in the spring, no need to be low now with winter approaching.

How's the car man?!!?
It's good, been treating me well. I dropped it off at TurboXS for a few weeks and got some goodies from them as you can see, TurboXS fmic, TurboXS intake and retuned. TurboXS catback coming soon. :) 16,500 on the clock. :tup:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Hey! Heh, yeah man.

Since the last update, got snow tires a week ago.

Then got this white stuff over the weekend.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

Long time coming, updated a 'mod list' in post #4.

To do list:
Find and fix clunk coming from the front of the car
Redo tail lights
Replace battery

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

I can take a few in the coming days.

Redid the tail lights finally, the right way. Sanded lights with 220, 600, 1000, 1500 and 2000 papers, then resprayed with about 10 coats of red, then cleared with car paint clear out of an actual paint gun. Tomorrow they will be wet sanded and buffed, but they already look great.
Waiting on front end links to see if that will get rid of the clunking.

·
Registered
948 Posts

I can take a few in the coming days.

Redid the tail lights finally, the right way. Sanded lights with 220, 600, 1000, 1500 and 2000 papers, then resprayed with about 10 coats of red, then cleared with car paint clear out of an actual paint gun. Tomorrow they will be wet sanded and buffed, but they already look great.
Waiting on front end links to see if that will get rid of the clunking.
how much you want to do mine :)

61 - 80 of 303 Posts