IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Re: Matt_H's 2008 DGM STI

spl stage spec suspension? need to drop it like its hot.....

wish I could find a DGM. I spent 4 hours cleaning and polishing my car and the swirls are still there!!!!!
Stock suspension, I'm waiting on paikman to take off his coils and give them to me. ;)

I have done the same, I don't know what is up with the paint on these cars. I detail cars and I did a full polish on mine a few weeks ago to get rid of the holograming on the doors. The scratches and swirls came out, but not the holograms. I'm going to have to do it again, it seems it's only on the doors, nothing on the fenders or bumpers.

OMG!!! What a beautiful car!
Thanks

whats the specs on those wheels?
I hate you.

Advan RS 18x9 +29, stock STI tires

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

Nice :tup:

·
Registered
948 Posts

Yeh i know, can't wait to get this car lowered some.

what polish do you use? Im thinkin I'll try the scratch x crap and see if I can get the swirls off with that. I haven't even had a chance to wax the ish because the swirls are so bad.

damn black cars.....

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

I used SIP and 106fa (Menzerna products), I might just have to work it in longer but it still looks terrible. You gotta get some wax on it!

·
Registered
948 Posts

I used SIP and 106fa (Menzerna products), I might just have to work it in longer but it still looks terrible. You gotta get some wax on it!

who sells that stuff? Im not waxing a bunch of swirls....i refuse to put the effort when the end product looks like a kid took a pen to my car and went nuts.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

who sells that stuff? Im not waxing a bunch of swirls....i refuse to put the effort when the end product looks like a kid took a pen to my car and went nuts.
There is a member on the forums here that will be or is selling it. I'll have to check on that and send him some business. Wax will still protect the paint and give you a little protection.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

When you're in the need of a detailer, let me know. :) I've done about 20 or so cars from NASIOC.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

Installed Perrin 22mm RSB, White Line 22mm FSB, Magna Flow catback since my last update. The tail lights are pretty faded, I intend to respray them in the next month or so.

You can see how faded the tails are here.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Looks great Matt! I'd love to hear the exhaust one day if you're still working in the Chantilly area.

41 - 60 of 303 Posts