IW STi Forum banner

261 - 280 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Thanks! Haha there are a few people that want it. After a 1.5 years I update my mod list too, as much as I can remember at least.

Old picture when I first cracked my ring. Over 1000hp in the garage, sans cracked ring. :(

Also over the weekend I finally epoxied my garage floor, will be nice and clean ready for my car to come home.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Also picked up a new DD back in March. What a busy year.

F150 XLT Super Crew
5.0L
26k miles CPO

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh I remember that garage lol. It was a 103 degrees out that day when we did my springs:-X thought I was gonna die. I know you're excited to get the beast back on the road!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Oh I remember that garage lol. It was a 103 degrees out that day when we did my springs:-X thought I was gonna die. I know you're excited to get the beast back on the road!!!
Heh man that sure was a hot day I'll never forget. I've been ready! I'm heading up to Andrewtech tomorrow to hang out and check on progress/take pictures. :)

very interested in how the Cosworth IM will perform :tup:
Sadly I won't have any numbers to compare it to since the entire motor will be different from the last time it was tuned. Stock 2.5 + GTX35R vs 2.34 + built heads + exhaust manifold + GTX35R.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Went up and checked out the motor a few weeks ago and snapped a few pictures before it went in the car. Found out last week the Perrin rails were too tall for the turbo kit so I picked up a set of IAG rails since they looked quite small. Today the engine was turned over, no knocking and it sounded good. Going to get a break in tune next week and hopefully have the car towed back to my house on Wednesday.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
You gonna have that intake mani power coated?
I originally planned on having it powder coated to match the TGVs and throttle body when it was off the car but I sent the parts too the shop before I did. I'd still like to do it but not sure I want to remove it once I get the car back, although it shouldn't be nearly as hard to remove since I don't have the factory rails and the wire harness doesn't clip or bolt on to the new manifold. I'd like to add some spacers in-between the manifold and TGVs if I pulled it off again. I also had originally planned on rotating the manifold as well, but that will take some fabrication/new brackets since I don't want to lose my AC.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
The car moves under it's own power! Everything was finished up today mechanical wise, tuner is going to get a break in tune on it sometime before Wednesday and I'll have it back Wednesday.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Put on the new wheels today and changed my oil. New on the left, old on the right.

I have about 170 miles on the new motor, I think I'm going to shoot for 750ish then go for the big tune.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Thanks man, me too.

Just added up/updated mod list, I could have bought another 08 STI in cash for what I have in parts alone. :lol:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Had the original down pipe cut and added vband flanges to the piece that was cut out. Then had vband flanges welded to a catalytic converter. Time for inspection and emissions so I can really start driving it legally. :)

261 - 280 of 303 Posts