IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was one good movie. No, make that better than good. If you liked the first Matrix, you must see this new one. Many times. However, if you have not seen the first one, don't go to see this one without making a trip to the video store first. It won't make the slightest bit of sense otherwise.

Make sure you stay through to the end of the credits! There is a teaser for the 3rd (and final) installment at the end.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nod, it was very very good. Soundtrack wasn't quite as prevalent but still excellent. Heh out of the full theater I was in, only about 9 people stayed for the end of the credits. Was it just me or were those the longest credits EVER?!!!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I swear those credits are the absolute longest thing you will ever see. It thanks anyone that ever WANTED to be part of the making of the movie. Then it thanks everyone in Australian. First Team, Second Team, Third Team. Then it thanks the team that evidently was the basis for those three... the Model Team. OR maybe those were the people responsible for making mini-scale mock-ups. I swear that by the time the credits were done I was seeing them in code. You could start a web site devoted to just the credits... sigh

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The credits were long, but at least it was interesting to see some of the job titles that came up with. Driver to the Assistent Payroll Accountant for the Key Grip Medical Support Fund. I think the credits were longer for Fellowship of the Ring, but that included every person that ever thought of joining the Lord of the Rings Fan Club, or at least knew someone that did. They had to add a DVD to the sepcial edition just to fit those credits.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you watch closely, you can actually see my name "Brandon Hodges" at about the 47 minute mark of the credits. It is listed under Visitors to Australia during the time period that some of this movie was being filmed. Sweet!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
haha....

I have to say the part that still sticks out in my mind about the movie....the rave/orgy scene. That was pretty cool. And it seems to answer the question of whether X is still around in the future.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I saw it yesterday. And while the SFX stuff was awesome, the whole movie left me wanting more. Revolutions better kick major a$$. Gotta see it again sometime.

Tip: Get to the theater early enough to catch the credits of a showing before yours then you don't have to sit through the credits to see the clip of Revolutions.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nod, but then you might see something in the preview to Revolutions that could spoil some of Reloaded for you, assuming you are a big wanker and haven't seen it already. ;) Also, if anyone knows what song that is playing during the roman orgy/ "celebration" let me know.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The theater I went to had a Matrix Reloaded 64 oz. collecter's cup. I wasn't that thirsty, but I got it anyway. I guess I have no self control, cuz I drank the whole damn thing within the first 20 minutes of the movie. I hadn't had a movie going experience like that since Titanic, and I don't ever hope to do it again. At least I have a neat cup!

·
Registered
437 Posts
crazytrain said:
The theater I went to had a Matrix Reloaded 64 oz. collecter's cup. I wasn't that thirsty, but I got it anyway. I guess I have no self control, cuz I drank the whole damn thing within the first 20 minutes of the movie. I hadn't had a movie going experience like that since Titanic, and I don't ever hope to do it again. At least I have a neat cup!
Too bad you won't ever want to DRINK out of it now.[/b]

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well, personally I thought the Matrix: Reloaded was pretty disappointing. The first hour of the movie was a drag and the rave scene brought up thoughts of Inferno--it was an extremely pointless scene, and if they wanted to have a scene of Neo and Trinity having sex they should have had it set in the Matrix, so both of them could perform 'moves' they can only do in the Matrix. During all this the Wachowski brothers could have fun with their slow down/rotate the camera technique.

Not only did I find the first hour long winded and pointless, but any point in the movie that wasn't a fight scene seemed to be some overtly preachy nonsense just to give the audience a breather. :-?

But then, the core of the movie was the action scenes, and it definitely did not disappoint. While I am a fan of guns and many weapons in action scenes, I was surprised how much I enjoyed all the fist-to-fist or fist-to-some-melee-weapon action. I think the movie was absolutely brilliant in its choreography. I have never witnessed fighting that was so complex and artful. It had a certain grace and fluidness that has never before been seen in American cinema. This astounding choreography approaches the level of high dance and is just as technically challenging and artistically beautiful as anything out there today. :eek:

Well, that's what I thought anyway.... :lol:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I haven't seen this yet. I am seeing it sunday night at streets of woodfield theater where my friend lives. But all my employees have seen it. They all told me today that they thought it sucked. :eek: They said the action scenes were amazing but everything else blew compared to original matrix. This suprised me. I will see it and then decide what i think of it. What they should do is make an IMAX version of it. We went to see Star Wars Episode 2 on the Imax and it ruled. It ruled because they cut out about 25 minutes of the crap dialogue leaving it alot more action and not as long winded. Oh and a 20 foot yoda on the screen kicks ass too. So Matrix reloaded on imax with a bunch of the apparently crappy dialogue cut out would probably be cool. Peace!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
o.k. I can't say it sucked cause it really didn't. I think O.K. is the best way to describe it. Yes the fights were amazing. Yes the special effects were amazing. Monica Belucci was AMAZING!! Ummm the story, narrative and dialogue was uhhh not so amazing...in fact downright boring. First matrix is a much better movie. It had alot of the same type of story, but it was just delivered better and not so over the top as Reloaded. I hope Revolutions just rocks the house to make up for Reloaded. That Highway scene is an absolute movie classic though. People will talk about that for a long time. It surpasses Ronin's car chase and Bullit's car chase for the title of greatest car chase in a movie for sure! It makes the movie worth seeing. It reminds me of going to see Phantom Menance(even though it sucked hard) a bunch of times just to see the Darth Maul vs. Obi Wan and Qui Gon jedi battle at the end. Peace!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Reloaded is to The Matrix as The Empire Strikes Back is to A New Hope. All amazing fight sequences aside. This movie HAD to go ahead and get all of the preachy "choice/destiny" stuff out of the way. Revolutions takes place right after this and only encompasses an hour or two in their time-line so it will have to be uber-fast paced and won't have time for much story, except to do a wrap-up. It is funny though... most people complained about BOTH of the two LOTR movies being drawn out, interspersed with amazing action sequences, and then complain when different directos cram it all into the "bridge-the-gap" film.

And yes, before you ask, I agree that Persephone is indeed a goddess.
Heh, pun intended.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts