IW STi Forum banner

matching gauge colors.

Interior 
4K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  STi_high 
#1 ·
tint closeup

Which type of gauge would match the STi instrument cluster the best...
Defi D-gauge,omori gauges, or Greddy??
Are their any other gauges that have the same backlight color as the STi instrument cluster?

#5 ·
Color wise, the Omori matches the best but I like the Defi BF gauges better. Having all the gauges lighting up, needles bouncing off the limiter definitely looks cooler than the rest of the competition. They also match the instrument cluster's startup animation, not the backlight color though. :-?

#18 ·
The HVAC are just light bulbs with green covers on them. You just need to pop off the console section and you can get to the back where the bubls are. Just replace the covers. It is a very easy mod.

#20 ·
Yeah, I did not change those. Sorry, I thought you were talking about the HVAC in general. I know some people have replaced the green LED's with red ones, but I am not that confident in my skills to attempt that. Good luck.

#22 ·
Now, if I bring this to the dealer when I buy the car, do you think they can install these (as if they were installing the OEM gauge pack) without messing up anything?

I'm a future owner trying to check things out.

Thanks.

#24 ·
the new Defi BF series gauges perfectly matches the STi instrument cluster, or so it looks like it from the pics that i saw off a thread in nasioc. they took it from the Tokyo Auto Salon... so i'm guessing its gonna be awhile 'til they get here, unless there is some huge sudden demand for it. i'm hoping so!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.