IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I have posted once or thrice. Lets just see the Massholes.
Anyone, anywhere in Mass.
Lets go Patriots!!!!! Anyone go to the games? I will be tailgating next week out the trunk of My sti!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hey! I live in Springfield. Have fun at the game.

Crashsti, did I see you at compusa this morning?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
sorry abdi, was'nt me. don't really get to far from Greenfield unless its my night off from work. then you might see me out sometime past midnight. lots more fun driving the STi at night when the roads are absolutely free of traffic!!! QUESTION???- anyone know where to legally get in some track time. it'd be nice to do some driving on a closed course.

·
Registered
104 Posts
what about thompson speedway in CT? i'm not sure what type of track it is but my friend says he raced his type-r integra there and he is all about the auto-x.

·
Registered
104 Posts
northern CT i believe - near RI/MA border. i'm not sure of the town but off the top of my head, i believe it's thompson (off of rt 395)

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
i pretty sure it is United Corvettes of mass thats holds the autox at thompson, conn. i have raced with them, as far as i know they only hold 1 event there per year, in late oct. it is a fun event to spank all corvettes (except the full race grand sport) and i did that with a honda. there is a down side, i have seen 3 cars go into the WALL. autox on banked corners sounds fun but, requires very easy steering input when comming onto the banked straights..

ted

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Crash

You can get track time any Thursday at Louden in NH but I think you need an SCCA SOLO License. I am also pretty sure the track is closed unitl the Spring. You really need to know what you are doing because you can be out there with full blown racecars doing 160 down the straight and passing you in the corners..............

You can also join one of the numerous car clubs in the area. I have a few friends who are driving instructors for the BMW Car Club and they have instructor lead track days (this is key because you can get qualified to drive SOLO and if there is an instructor in the car your insurance should be in effect) every other month or so. You don't have to drive a BMW to join. The last event I attended (at Louden in September) had 150 cars there and only half were BMWs.. There were Porches, a Lotus, Audis, Miatas, Subarus etc etc. If you shoot me a PM I can give you some info. I will be bringing my STI out there in the spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts