IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any luck inspecting catless stis? 3 years or newer and they dont do smog, but Im afraid they will catch me on the visual inspection. Think it will be a problem? If you, any one have their stock exhaust I could put on for the day? Thanks!

·
Registered
654 Posts
James, I guess it's time for your to turn your car into a Mass car??? No more only license's plate in the back for you...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
james, i would just give it a shot first. if they don't pass you, let me know. i have my stock exhaust in a box at my house. fyi, i know i have a cat, but the place i went to this year seemed pretty cool. they didn't give me any $hite about my g200 w/ its 5 inch exhaust tip. i forget the name of the place, but it's in billerica. i can find out if you want.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I could give it a shot first, but To change to mass registration, I have to change to mass insurance, to change to mass insurance I need a mass inspection, and a mass license. I got the insurance yesterday, they are working on the registration, and I have 10 days to get the inspection. (also my maine reg ends in sept)

And mug, Im still gonna rock the rear plate only! Its illegal in maine too ya know! front plate is UGLY.

I would like to borrow your exhaust for the day if I could! Theres some beer in it for ya.....

I have to get it inspected as well as an insurance inspection where they take pics of the car.

SUCH A HASSLE!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
do you need the whole tbe, just the dp, or just the catback? when do you need it by? i could bring it to the wed. dinner meet or we could work out another meeting time.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wellllll, I think Ill leave the downpipe and just put from that back on? I was hoping maybe tomorrow...... ? :) Id like to get it inspected on saturday cause of the whole 10 day thing and its already been like 3. Its a mess.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
pm'd you james

1 - 7 of 7 Posts