IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Irvine Subaru and talked to one of the sales. I know it seems obvious, but if the production of the STI is limited and SOA does not produce enough to meet demand, then a 5-6k markup is inevitable. I understand that Desiree promised that she would not have a markup, but that is solely based on if Irvine Subaru receives the 40-50 STIs that they requested.

I know i would be out of the race if this were true. Would any of you be willing to pay this high of a markup for a limited production STI?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have it from my dealer in writing that the maximum price will be MSRP. If they want to jack it up then I will continue to wait. It's not like I riding a bike now waiting on a car!

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Just stopped by a Subaru dealer...

I'm not going through Irvine, but I also will have it in writing that MSRP only (letter in the mail).

If they do..NO WAY. Not a single cent over MSRP out of sheer principle. There are too many nice, fast cars in the $30K region!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Amen.....competition in the automotive world has been way too high in recent years. I'd start living with the EVO or just settle for a regular WRX if that was the case.

Wait and snag a used STi in a year or so and laugh at the guy when he wants 5-6k more than book for it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would never buy a used STI. How could the previous owner not open her up for some fun?

I agree though, I would wait until there isn't a markup or settle with a WRX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts