IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasnt a big deal at first, but now its really pissing me off. I've tried holding the glove box while the sound is being made, no help. I've tried holding the things inside the box, no help. I've tried holding the box up, down, left, right, NOTHING... it still rattles. Does anyone know what the heck is rattling? I cant seem to pinpoint it as it doesnt seem like its the glove box. Thanks for any help.

Robert~

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you have the auto dimming/compass mirror? I do and had a rattle from day one. Took a black tie wrap and went around the two sets of wires and the mounting post. Rattle fixed. Try holding the wires when you hear the rattle. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i do have that... which wires? Im glad im not the only one. I kept touching and holding everything i could find trying to figure out what the heck it was.

Robert~

T

·
0 Posts
Any americans want to trade HIDs for sound system?

Try the cruise control, that rattles on mine and it was very hard to locate from the driver's point of view. A passanger however found it instantly. You just give it a little tap/slap towards the steering wheel and it stops.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maxwolfinger said:
do you live in you're car? :wink:
well being a college student... and paying XXX$ / month for this... no money for an apartment or dorm so you do the math :wink:. hehe

well I think i found the rattle... check this out... theres a bolt on the passenger's side (all the way toward the door and right above the carpet level or so. It was LOOSE. How the heck does that happen? Hopefully tightening it will fix everything as it has a wash adn all that rattles and such. man thats not good to find. o well, hopefully it'll be the only bolt subaru forgot to tighten. (engine starts rattling and falls out of engine bay).

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I bought some Loc-Tite and I am coating every bolt I can find. My VW rattled and it drove me nuts. I know the STi will have rattles, but I am going to do everything in my power to prolong the inevitable.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i find that the "ash tray" sometimes rattles. (i know, you said glovebox, but sometimes rattles are hard to localize.) stuff some paper towel in there to see if the springy-flap-thingy is the problem. my glovebox does creak occasionally, but a good smack usually shuts it up.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: AEM Intake

ya thast my main problem, is that while im driving its very hard to locate anything. im goin to do all the tips given tho and see what i can come up with.

rObert~

T

·
0 Posts
torque specs?

Get someone on the passenger side to look for it while you drive.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Anything going on anywhere on Long Island?

anyone have the back seat (left side behind drivers seat) seat belt rattling? it's rattling like crazy and driving me insane in the membrane....im taking it in on sat to get it fixed d=P

·
Registered
69 Posts
Both of my rear seat belts rattle/buzz on certain road surfaces and have since day one. It doesn't bother me too much but the kids sure don't like it! :wink:

Sue :)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Get a Sub ad play your radio- no more rattle/buzz; but the back window and wing will vibrate. :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
STilinMR2Sue said:
Both of my rear seat belts rattle/buzz on certain road surfaces and have since day one. It doesn't bother me too much but the kids sure don't like it! :wink:

Sue :)
Hey Sue
what's the MR2 in your sn? did you have an MR2 also?

lately I am getting some weird sound coming out of right rear wheel.. almost sound like the safety pin scratching the break rotor, but the car only has 850 mile for crying out loud.
Nothing else is rattling yet.. oh yeah.. except my paper JDM floor mat vibrates when the radio is playing news.

·
Registered
69 Posts
South Florida Group

Mister2cool,

Hi. Yes, I have an '85 MR2 that I am working on that was supposed to be my race/everyday summer car (but now that we have the STi it may never get finished!) My husband has an '85 MR2 (dedicated race car, not street legal) and a '91 N/A project car. Funny how there seem to be a lot of MR2 owners that are also Subaru fans. Both of our everyday cars are Subarus.

I was at my dealership on Friday and they could not figure out what was wrong with my rear seat belts. They said I would probably have to bring the car in and leave it with them for a whole day so they could take the panels apart :eek: On the up-side, maybe I could convince them to let me take a new Forester Turbo model to try out for the day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
gtpark81 said:
anyone have the back seat (left side behind drivers seat) seat belt rattling? it's rattling like crazy and driving me insane in the membrane....im taking it in on sat to get it fixed d=P

I have the same problems and brought it to the dealer and they cant do anything. email me if you find a solution.... thanks

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I bet you can pop off the cover and put a piece of tape on whatever is rattling and it'll stop completely.

Just make sure it doesn't effect the latch mechanism....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts