IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i know ya'll are all talkin about takin em off.i'm makin mine bigga was readin november issue of option magazine,charge speed now has a wing adapter that raises the wing almost as high as the roofline.no more blind spot for me,thank you.the offset bottom part is 90mm the extension height is 95mm.the offset portion actually scoots the wing a bit more off the trunk.it looks really money

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx guys i'm just gettin the hang of the computa thing.i'm definately gettin it as soon as i can will try and get some pctures

·
Registered
198 Posts
You just gettin' the hang of the English thang, too?

I kidd. At first I thought the wing would be a distraction, but have since discovered that it nicely lines up with the headlights of the cars behind me, so no more night blindness.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
it also lines up with the approaching cop... :( (don't get me wrong; i love my wing. every great car has it's quirks.)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
it also lines up with the approaching cop
Yeah, I almost feel like an F1 driver, darting my head from side to side, peering into the side mirrors trying to decode what kind of car that is roaring up behind me!! :D

OTOH, the new tall wing would block the headlights of any tall 4x4's or SUV's right up behind you at stoplights, for those who don't have the autodimming mirror!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
That is pretty funny Hummer. That is about right for some of the rice rockets out there. I am actually planning to slowly convert my car to look like the S202 model with the STi factory CF rear wing. So, I agree, that wing is a bit too big for me.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
honesetly, i think the s202 wing looks like what i see on the rice rockets out here. they've all got that truss-type setup. looks too tacked on to me.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Man, I did not even think about it that way. Well, there goes the S202 look. I do not want to look like a ricer.

M

·
0 Posts
I dunno about the height extender, but I definitely like the offset pushing the wing out further behind the car. That makes it look much more like a WRC wing hanging off the back bumper like that.

Either way, the only size my wing is getting is smaller or gone, but to each their own!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
well subaru and many others think it's right. and the s202 wing is a significantly higher quality than what i see around here; adding a cf wing would double the value of the vehicle. ;) (okay, i'm generalizing.)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
honesetly, i think the s202 wing looks like what i see on the rice rockets out here. they've all got that truss-type setup. looks too tacked on to me.
Yes, I see those ALL the time on Hondas around here! Looks way tacked on. At least our huge wings look like part of the car.

I'm surprised someone else had the same reaction to the s202 type wing as myself, I thought I was the only cranky ba$tard. Among the younger types, those wings are quite popular.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I am 30, so I wouldn't consider myself in the "younger types" crowd. I just like the GT style look. I guess I will just have to get someone to make me a stock STi wing out of CF. :p

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had an S202 wing on my old WRX. It look nice with the matching CF hood. This wing fits the lines of the car very well. Perhaps you need to see it in person because really those pics don't do it justice. It's a very nice piece. Another thing its not high in the air like most Honda wings I've seen.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts