IW STi Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Maaan, does that ever look sexy. I bet you're not regretting now, eh? I think I'll wait until the exchange rates from USD>CAD are back to normal to save an extra 20%.

For your turn signal issue, you could troubleshoot comparing voltage/resistance with the other light that's working.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Maaan, does that ever look sexy. I bet you're not regretting now, eh? I think I'll wait until the exchange rates from USD>CAD are back to normal to save an extra 20%.

For your turn signal issue, you could troubleshoot comparing voltage/resistance with the other light that's working.
I could get out the multimeter, but the way the wiring is done you can't really get to anything on the LED panel to test voltage at the end and I'm not sure you can test through heat shrink connections. I can only test at each plug. I'm 100% positive it's a loose wire as I was driving back from my grandparents house and went over an insanely messed up railroad crossing at 60mph and then noticed in the dark that my turn signal started working again. Then when I checked them this morning, it has stopped working.....again.

I probably could find the problem and maybe even be able to fix it but, if I'm paying $640 for a set of tail lights, they better work flawlessly without me having to do anything. They are sending me out a replacement on Monday morning and shipping it here to my mom's house while I'm on vacation still.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Finally after a 30 day wait my DRT skid plate came in. Everything lined up perfectly with the same holes as the factory engine guards. It's pretty heavy duty and should be the only one I ever have to buy. Only problem is, they forgot to ship the black plastic side pieces that attach up into the wheel wells. Those will be here on Monday.

Word of advice to anybody doing an oil change with the factory engine guards. TAKE THE DAMN ENGINE GUARD OFF BEFORE YOU DRAIN THE OIL.

That way you aren't a retard like me and spill oil all into the heat shield material attached to your plastic engine guards. Kind of sort of maybe ruins the material..............

But I guess it's a reason to get a metal skid plate.

Pictures as always coming soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Had the time to get around to installing the Perrin reverse lockout lever. Can't believe I waited this long. Install was super easy. Especially if you read at the top of their directions about if you leave it in reverse throughout the entire install, you don't have to jack up the car at all. Not sure how, but installing the Perrin reverse lockout has made it easier to shift the car into all the other gears as well. Since I installed the Kartboy and TiC bushings it's almost like I've been having to force the shifter into gear. But not anymore. Smooth as butter. And the best part is I don't have to keep pushing that little roll pin back in every other shift.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I love the added weight of the lockout lever, maybe that's the difference you're feeling?
Maybe. If that's the case I can't wait to get one of those TMW heavy weight shift knobs that weigh a metric ton.... or so.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Remembered to take some pictures of the DRT skid plate installed while I was doing other work today. Looks good and really solid.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Very productive day today. Installed TiC tranny crossmember bushings. Super easy. Took longer to get the car on 4 jack stands than the install. I had no idea that the two nuts on the bottom of the transmission mount were only torqued to ~26 ft/lbs of torque. Decided I should put the Whiteline rear diff positive power inserts and Whiteline rear positive traction inserts. Install wasn't bad at all. Worst part was getting those 19mm bolts undone. My back cracked a few times doing it. Took it for a spin down the road and it feels great. Good feel under WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear and downshifts are smoother.

Gaps all filled in.

Crazy amount of space in those bushings. No more!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Wow. What a pain in the a$$. Group N engine and pitch stop mounts are finally in. Haven't had much of a chance to give a good test drive, but so far just a tad bit more vibration at idle, and they have a really solid feel on straight line WOT. I'd be happy if I never had to do that install ever again. E.V.E.R.

Now. What wheels and tires to get for my HPDE in June..................

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Wow. What a pain in the a$$. Group N engine and pitch stop mounts are finally in. Haven't had much of a chance to give a good test drive, but so far just a tad bit more vibration at idle, and they have a really solid feel on straight line WOT. I'd be happy if I never had to do that install ever again. E.V.E.R.

Now. What wheels and tires to get for my HPDE in June..................
bronze or blue ZE40s with a blacked out hatch!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
bronze or blue ZE40s with a blacked out hatch!
Looking at some Black Rays Gram Lights a guy is trying to sell here locally. They already have Neova AD08Rs on them with maybe a little over 50% tread left. If I can get the set for $1300-$1400 I'll be happy. The wheels are pretty scraped up from track days, but they are straight, and not dented.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Ankle is finally good enough to start riding again. Couple of pics from my morning ride..... all by myself.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts