IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So i am not new to cars but I am new to Subaru’s. I’m still trying to learn the ins and outs but I’ve got some questions.

i insured my project STi for the day and had a blast, but mostly to refresh myself of the parts list of things to repair. But that’s led to a lot of little questions. Hopefully you guys can answer some of them without flaming me too hard.

1. Front windshield washer pump does not operate. First guess is a fuse, but when I look in the owners manual there is no fuse listed. I see the rear pump is listed in position 23, and “front wiper (not pump) in position 30. No mention of a washer pump

2. I have an oil leak, looks like the passenger VVT solenoid onto the header. If I go online some places say left or right, some just carry one part number, and I’m getting confused. Do these vehicles have 4 total? 2 intake and 2 exhaust cam solenoids, two per head obviously. My build date is august ‘09 for 2010my

3. if I have to remove the headers to do the vvt solenoids, with the amount of rust on all the fasteners I bet im gonna have to cut it all off. Figured I should order some aftermarket headers to go on. Does the 2010 STi have one catalytic converters or two? I don’t want to throw any codes, just looking to put on headers/up pipe. All the aftermarket ones have no cat built in, but if you google OEM headers you get a total mix of information. Issue of having the same motor for 20+ years…

4. the shocks/springs are original (275,000km) and actually still feel pretty damn good, car handles fine and doesn’t rattle, but you can tell the dampening is very tired. I have a set of ke v3’s but I think I’ll be lifting it up. If the shocks were good I’d go a spacer kit but since they need replacing, I’ll go king springs.

I’m having difficulty finding the right struts for this car! I see Bilstein are NLA. The only other choices I really see online are the Cusco struts and the Tein struts. I don’t even see a budget replacement

thanks guys if you can help at all. Most other stuff the car needs is self explanatory.

Wheel Land vehicle Sky Car Tire

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Jeans

·
Registered
109 Posts
3. 08-14 WRX and STi have two cats in the two piece downpipe; one in each section. Don't throw them away. They're worth more than gold.

4. Racecomp Engineering (RCE) makes Bilstein struts but are out of stock at the moment. Contact Myles and see if he has an ETA:

Other option is KYB which is the OE supplier:

Pretty sure others will chine in for the other issues :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, then I won’t have to worry about replacing the header/up pipe. Just leave the stock DP.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Another option for suspension would be OEM struts from a VA chassis sti. Id look for the latest possible or atleast 2018 and up. VA suspension can be found pretty cheap now a days. I myself will be doing that swap/upgrade in the upcoming spring.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX STI
137 Posts
Front windshield washer pump does not operate. First guess is a fuse, but when I look in the owners manual there is no fuse listed. I see the rear pump is listed in position 23, and “front wiper (not pump) in position 30. No mention of a washer pump
I recently had this issue. The fuses to check is inside the car's cabin, bottom left of the steering wheel. Fuse #4 and #9. Next, check if the motor is fully plugged in. The motor is attached to the plastic windshield wiper reservoir. You may need to remove the front bumper.

I also happen to have shock/struts from my 2020 STI for sale.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s awesome guys, thank you very much. I don’t want to fall down the rabbit hole of “while I’m in there” but I guess if I’m already dropping the headers, would be smart to do valve cover gaskets, spark plugs etc.

@knyg perfect. I figured I’d check fuses before removing/bench testing the pump with 12v. As for he bumper I have to remove it anyways once my tubular one comes in, so no big deal.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,161 Posts
I figured I’d check fuses before removing/bench testing the pump with 12v. As for he bumper I have to remove it anyways once my tubular one comes in, so no big deal.
Just check that it receives 12V when it is supposed to. If it does, and motor does not replace the motor.
If no power then look for the fuses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts