IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
35WHP seems like a huge gain. Also, if their baseline was 305 WHP, their STI is already significantly modified. Depending on they dyno, I'd guess at least they at least have TBE, custom reflash, bigger injectors, and 20G or FP green sized turbo.

I'd also like to know if anyone has any independent experience with this intake manifold.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
don't do it ray, it's not a great manifold. ive read on a couple occasions that people were not that happy with theirs. if you really want a nice manifold, check out XX Tuning's custom manifolds.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
i have never seen one but i have been told by people who have that the quality control on the welds on at least some of the magnus manifolds is suspect.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have only talked to about 2-3 people on NASIOC that have had their car tuned with that intake manifold. FWIW, I have been told by them that it would only really benefit someone who didn't mind to sacrifice some low end WTQ to get an increase in WHP. Also, in their oppinion if you are not running upgraded heads, less restrictive exhaust, and a high RPM motor, then you won't benefit much from it. Not to take any engineering credit away from Magnus. They do know how to get numbers out of cars. IMO, if you are not planning on running a rev happy motor then you won't get tap into what the intake manifold was designed to do. Don't forget that your tuner makes all the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts