IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make Me Feel Better bout' STI!!!

i just want to put a nicer muffler on and ive heard people using the dynomax ones and just wondering what you guys feel about them. also how loud will it be. here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=2449726787

3 inch in so ill just weld the stock exhaust to it. and its 3 inch all the way threw so should sound a little better. but wondering if it will be crazy loud? i dont want that

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've used magnaflow products a couple of times and have always been happy with them...
If you just replaced the stock muffler with this muffler, It I don't think it will be much louder then stock, but it will sound deeper. I did the exact same thing on my ITR when I first got it....
but, I think you will be happier saveing a little more case and getting an axle back exhaust. cutting the stock exhaust and putting a new muffler on is not a very clean approach. It's a pain in the ass to ever put the stock stuff back on, and the stock tail section is worth enough not to cut it up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See thing is i have a header, uppipe and downpipe and a custom 3 inch mid pipe going in and it will hook up to the stock axle back. people are having boost creep probs with the entire turbo back but when they put the stock axle back on no probs.

the muffler is 3 inch in and out im seeing people charging over 300 for a axle back set up 3 inch piping. the muffler is 95 shipped then the shop told me if i wanted 3 inch mandrel bent they will charge me 100 bucks and that includes welding etc. i just want a nicer looking muffler. ill see how the car sounds friday night after we put the header, downpipe and uppipe in. the 3 inch stromung (i think thats whats its called) they are making me a 3inch mid pipe that will attach to the stock axle back no resonator and then ill see how the car sounds then. i dont like the circle looking mufflers and i think this one should flow good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts