IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figured i'd tease everyone and just tell you how amazing this exhaust sounds, because i still cant find my damn camera cord lol.

fitment: perfect. i didnt even need the kartboy hangers i bought i could use the stock ones (anyone need some kartboy hangers? now for sale pm me)

quality: top notch. the only thing that pissed me off was that they welded the canister together on the top side, not underneath the bottom. you cant see it anyway but still lol.

looks: just like stock. the tip is actually smaller than stock.

sound: inCREDIDBLE. this exhaust is honestly perfect. bone stock quiet until you step on the gas, and it has such a smooth deep rumble. its amazing. i honestly wouldnt be afraid to show up to my court date for my old ticket with my invidia with this on. thats how quiet it is.

overall - this is the perfect exhaust imho for my taste. i wanted something quiet, full 3", and thats what i got. they even sent me two midpipes (not sure if they did this by accident or on purpose tbh lol): one with a tapered down 2.5 inch at the end so if you were using it with a stock downpipe, and a full 3" one. great quality, great service, great exhaust.

if you are looking for a quiet exhaust with a good rumble, this IS the exhaust for you. i have a full 3" catless setup and its still quiet.

ill get some pics and vids up as soon as i can, i just wanted to share with everyone. later.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i just got mine too. did you recieve 2 gaskets or 1? and can you get a pic up of your midpipe? mine looks kinda wierd at where the midpipe meets the dp.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, that was the one thing i was confused about. only got one gasket and two dp bolts? wtf? lol but i already had some from my last downpipe. i didnt even use a gasket b/w the downpipe and midpipe. i gotta get one.

·
Registered
873 Posts
XxSCAxX said:
i figured i'd tease everyone and just tell you how amazing this exhaust sounds, because i still cant find my damn camera cord lol.

fitment: perfect. i didnt even need the kartboy hangers i bought i could use the stock ones (anyone need some kartboy hangers? now for sale pm me)

quality: top notch. the only thing that pissed me off was that they welded the canister together on the top side, not underneath the bottom. you cant see it anyway but still lol.

looks: just like stock. the tip is actually smaller than stock.

sound: inCREDIDBLE. this exhaust is honestly perfect. bone stock quiet until you step on the gas, and it has such a smooth deep rumble. its amazing. i honestly wouldnt be afraid to show up to my court date for my old ticket with my invidia with this on. thats how quiet it is.

overall - this is the perfect exhaust imho for my taste. i wanted something quiet, full 3", and thats what i got. they even sent me two midpipes (not sure if they did this by accident or on purpose tbh lol): one with a tapered down 2.5 inch at the end so if you were using it with a stock downpipe, and a full 3" one. great quality, great service, great exhaust.

if you are looking for a quiet exhaust with a good rumble, this IS the exhaust for you. i have a full 3" catless setup and its still quiet.

ill get some pics and vids up as soon as i can, i just wanted to share with everyone. later.
We shot an email to everyone we shipped to last week due to an error in the packing. About a half dozen units got sent out with the wrong intermediate pipe. This would realized early on and the 3" pipes were sent out immediately. We need to send out call tags to pick up the tapered ones. Through it in the box. Shoot me your email, maybe you didn't the heads up email we sent.....but glad you like the exhaust. We'll be packing two 3" gaskets for future runs, we've had a couple of comments regarding it.

R.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im very happy with your exhaust and service. i never got the email, but thanks anyway. yeah, make sure you send those gaskets out, because i only got one.

+1 for daddyscp

·
Registered
240 Posts
yeah i need another gasket too...i just made a purchase for some yesterday. i should have emailed rich about it. oh well. nice review btw. i love the way the exhaust sounds.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can I also suggest matching the stock tip size in the future production? I also got the 3" whisper from a member here and the only thing i am not happy about is the smaller then stock tip. Sound and quality is top notch.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, the tip is really small. when it came in the box i was like wtf theres an exhaust in here? lol.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
I love my whisper as well guys. Perfect exhaust note!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
seriously...i dont think this exhaust gets enough attention to us subie owners. everyone should consider this exhaust if they are looking for something subtle.

·
Registered
65 Posts
beautiful! Just the type of thread I was looking for. I was tossing with 3 different exhausts: Cobb, Helix, and the Maddad.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
go for it man... i cant put up a video because i have no camera cord.. i went to go buy one n they tell me i have to friggin order it direct from the company. only my luck.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
ok guys.. here is the ultimate question:
i have the 3" aps tbe.. which from the begining its was the quiestest tbe or cbe out there.. well i really like it but at wot it gets kinda "blatty".. know what i mean? anyways from what i can tell this exhaust is a lot quieter than mine.. can anyone varfy this? and it is a true 3" all the way through?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes the maddad is 3" all the way through. there is a thread in this section with exhaust loudness. Maddad is on the bottom for quietest.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts