IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my M1 harness bar... look like durning shipping the one flanged washer type thing fell out of the box..
Anyone know where I can get this?

See images:

I basicly can't mount the harness bar until I can find out where I can get that part above...

Thanks in advance!

And I have NO clue how to install this... :-( Anyone that has this please give me a quick walk through on where the bolts/nuts/washers are all supposed to go...

-Nigel

· Registered
4,573 Posts
I would go to a hardware store and look for anything thats about that same size or maybe exact to it.

For the install, I will see what I can find... but overall its pretty straight forward (I used to have an M1 harnessbar).

edit:

http://www.islandmotorsports.com/cg...de=IMO&Product_Code=M1HB-WRX&Category_Code=IS

^ thats a picture of it installed, basically you pull off the plastic covers on the front seat belt tops, take out the internal bolt, put the top portion of the harnessbar up, replace the bolt with one of the longer ones in your kit.

Then attach the legs, they are somewhat height adjustable so pay attention to that.

To attach the legs, you just pull the plastic cover off the front seats back side.

Its quite simple, good luck! ;)

· Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AndrewSS,

I think I msged ya on AIM last night but you were away..

My main question is about the bolts and washers...

I have these flanged washers, normal washers, spacers..etc

I don't know in which order they go in?

Here is a quick picture for reference of the hardware I have..

The top most left flanged saftey washers I only have three... so I ordered 4 news ones from pegasus racing.. should have those this week so until then I can not install the bar...

But I am lost as to where all this hardware goes..

I know WHICH bolts go in WHICH holes... because of the diameter but the washers/flanged saftey bolts and the spacers... no clue or what order..?

Thanks,
-Nigel

· Registered
4,573 Posts
I hope this helps...

· Registered
4,573 Posts
the flange part goes "into" the spherical joint

· Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent!

Last question I hope!(promise)

Why do they use the saftey washers for the bottom pieces but they do not use the saftey flanged washers for the upper parts of the bars where it mounts to the MAIN bar?

-Nigel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.