IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the correct amount of torque to apply to the lugnuts? I just replaced the BBS' with ASA KA-3's from tire rack with Sumitomo HTR's all season. Don't want to overtighten the little guys.
Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: intake silencer removal

much appreciated. where did you find the service manual info, for future considerations.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Works good if you don't have your car waxed with Zaino.

subie said:
much appreciated. where did you find the service manual info, for future considerations.
Do a search here and on NASIOC to find the proper procedure. Basically, you can pay $20 to gain access to the subaru tech site. Then you use a script to download all the files for the service manual.

-st

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i think most people just crank them down. then after a day or two just retighten them. i often wondered this myself but as long as they don't fall off......

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What's the interior volume?

crashsti said:
i think most people just crank them down. then after a day or two just retighten them. i often wondered this myself but as long as they don't fall off......
Yeah, that's the thing really. 66ft-lbs isn't really a lot of pressure, you can easily crank the bolts to 90ft-lbs without trying too hard. If you aren't going to use a torque wrench, at least tighten the bolts in a star pattern. That ensures that the bolts tighten evenly.

-st

·
Registered
963 Posts
Re: good exhaust for STI?

Singletrack said:
crashsti said:
Yeah, that's the thing really. 66ft-lbs isn't really a lot of pressure, you can easily crank the bolts to 90ft-lbs without trying too hard. If you aren't going to use a torque wrench, at least tighten the bolts in a star pattern. That ensures that the bolts tighten evenly.

-st
I don't consider myself a strongman by any standards, but I tightened lugnuts on my GP once (alloy wheels) w/o a torque wrench and then checked them with a torque wrench to find they were around 120 :eek:

Probably due to having driven on them in between, but it's still a hell of a lot more than I thought it would have been...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
STiObserver said:
Singletrack said:
crashsti said:

-st
I don't consider myself a strongman by any standards, but I tightened lugnuts on my GP once (alloy wheels) w/o a torque wrench and then checked them with a torque wrench to find they were around 120 :eek:

Probably due to having driven on them in between, but it's still a hell of a lot more than I thought it would have been...
Yup - with a wrench about 1 foot and a half long, 67ft-lbs is really just a strong push. My Audi use to take 89ft-lbs (lug bolts, not nuts) and it wasn't really all that hard either. Gotta be careful! : )

-st

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
If any one has down this pay $20 and download thing and has a complete set, can you PM me? I am interested in doing something like this, but am curious how to do it. I am a techno phobe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts