IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right, as the title implied, some son of a mitch mothertrucker keyed up the left side of my hood and a bit on the fender. I suspect this happened on Friday night ~ Saturday morning. The estimate repair cost is $488.22! BTW, Ditch ash punks left a huge key mark that shapes like a "W"

It's beyond me how some people has absolutely no respect and regards to another person's car. For gawd sake I would be just as pissed even if I'm driving a POS beater and someone keyed it up. You don't like me or my car or both? Don't be a pushy and key my freakin car, come talk to me when you see me. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
One Lap STi

I remember the words of John Travolta's character in "Pulp Fiction." talking about some guy who keyed his car....

"Man, I wish I coulda cought him doin it. It would've been worth him doin it to have been able to catch him doin it."

I'm not a particularly violent person. But I woulda beat the living shit out of the asshole. There's no good reason to mess up people's things.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
bitabur said:
I remember the words of John Travolta's character in "Pulp Fiction." talking about some guy who keyed his car....

"Man, I wish I coulda cought him doin it. It would've been worth him doin it to have been able to catch him doin it."

I'm not a particularly violent person. But I woulda beat the living **** out of the *******. There's no good reason to mess up people's things.
Couldn't say it better myself.

I gave some thought to this disturbing problem of people messing with other peoples' rides and came to a conclusion that someday, someone will get caught and beat up doing that and then it will go on the news etc etc. and then those punks will learn not to do that.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
If it was going to happen it would've happened already.

Unless someone gets killed over it, it's not gonna make news..... and even if that happens, I doubt it would stop many punks from doing that kind of crap.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Lookin 4 FLOORMATS??Canadian dealers have them in stock!!

I wouldn't kill the guy. I might insert the key into him, however...

You have my sympathies. Every car I've ever owned including all the new cars I've bought have been hit in parking lot hit-and-runs. My 2.5RS just got nailed twice in the past week, too. Now, if I can just keep my STi from suffering the same fate!

Remember what "karma" is...? :wink:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
S.T.i said:
That's right, as the title implied, some son of a mitch mothertrucker keyed up the left side of my hood and a bit on the fender. I suspect this happened on Friday night ~ Saturday morning. The estimate repair cost is $488.22! BTW, Ditch ash punks left a huge key mark that shapes like a "W"

It's beyond me how some people has absolutely no respect and regards to another person's car. For gawd sake I would be just as pissed even if I'm driving a POS beater and someone keyed it up. You don't like me or my car or both? Don't be a pushy and key my freakin car, come talk to me when you see me. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Don't worry, that moron will end up getting his - guarenteed.

Sorry about your car man, doesn't sound too bad though. I know a kid who had every panel on his A4 1.8T keyed 2 weeks after he bought it. The whole car had to be repainted.

-st

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
ZenBoy said:
I wouldn't kill the guy. I might insert the key into him, however...
I'd give the key a nice twist once it's inside the guy. Or maybe use a spoon, cuz "it's dull, it'll hurt more." (Alan Rickman)
:evil:

S.T.i. - you didn't happen to take up two spaces when you parked, did you?

·
Registered
858 Posts
when some punks stole my badges off my wrx, i wanted so much to make them pay for their sins...

then sue their parents for not raising their kids properly.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I hate my generation.

I have so much respect for certain ideals like honor and respect... and just in general, doing things the right way.

But it seems like so many people my age are just out to steal and take advantage of whatever they can, and its disappointing. Not just because they're causing problems for people, but because of what they're going to become. It's not an encouraging prospect for the future.

People who are too lazy to do a job the right way and are looking for the easy way out irritate the shit out of me. I guess it's not a problem confined only to my generation but that's where I see it the most these days.

·
Registered
694 Posts
You know, I've thought quite a bit about just that, bitabur, and it seems like these things go in cycles (here's where I earn my nickname)....

Look at the UK, for example. As a society, they've been around much longer than the US, and on the whole people are a lot more polite and respectful. Same with cultures such as Japan, which is older still.

In college I was in an anthropology/sociology class and this was one of the topics of discussion. I held (and still do hold) that societies have "growing pains" like this as they grow. Much of it may be related to population density. Basically, the more people step on each others' toes, the ruder people get. Violence and corruption grow, until people in the society finally realize that they'll all be much happier if they just respect each other and live honorably.

Nice to know that in a few thousand years, if we don't blow ourselves up or poison our environment too badly, we'll get along a bit better. :wink:

There I go, spouting off again about ideals and all that crap.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
ZenBoy said:
Nice to know that in a few thousand years, if we don't blow ourselves up or poison our environment too badly, we'll get along a bit better. :wink:

There I go, spouting off again about ideals and all that crap.
Well... you have to understand those various countries you referred to have their own problems.

Sure in Japan, they are very polite and respectful. But it helps if you are Japanese and don't have any type of "abnormalities". I live there for eight years and I can testify how they think of deaf people, for example, of whom I had many as friends. Handicaps are shoved out of sight and mind as much as possible there. Similarly, the same people who would be polite and kind to us "gaijin" would also say things about us that were not so polite when they thought we were not listening, or thinking we couldn't understand. I used to enjoy letting them talk about me for several minutes, then politely inquire what the next bus stop was, or whatever. They could rarely hide their looks of shock and dismay! :lol:

My point is not to bash the Japanese as I had many wonderful friends there, enjoyed many aspects of living there, and they are people like everyone else (good and bad). My point is that some of these ideal societies have huge improvements of their own to make. Better in some ways, worse in others.

I would fully concur that our society doesn't teach much in the way of respect for others or their property. Many parents don't seem to require much of their children other than to be self-centered snots, and they grow up and have kids of their own.

·
Registered
694 Posts
'04 Impreza(STi) headlight covers from Subaru of Australia

Agreed - every social group has its own set of problems. Inevitably, they'll be fixed, and the group moves on to a new set of problems.

It's unfortunate that selfishness has gotten so dominant in our society. It seems more a question of what a person can get away with, rather than a question of what is most honorable. (If only my old sensei could hear me now...!)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
ZenBoy said:
Inevitably, they'll be fixed
You're more of an optimist than myself! :D Every day I see decisions made based on stupidity, ego, greed, or all the above, and I realize that the more sophisticated man becomes, the more, not less, we need to prove our superiority to others with consequences ranging from annoyance of others to outright genocide.

I have no faith in humans as a species to ultimately eradicate most (and certainly not the worst forms of) undesirable human behavior.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: Thinking of Selling my STi

Oh, no, I didn't say we'd eradicate them. We simply move on to the next undesirable trait, and continue on through the cycle over generations.

The superiority thing isn't any different than any other pack animal. It's all just the same sh**, different circumstance.

Okay, so I'm more of a cynic than an optimist. Ya dun caught me. :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
ahh man sorry to hear that. if i saw someone doing it to my car id break his knee caps... or shoot em if i had my gun with me :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts