IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I love my eibachs. Levels it out and is a perfect feeling ride, handling is awsome.

Robert~

·
Registered
343 Posts
I love my JDM Spec C pinks. Levels it out and is a perfect feeling ride, handling is awsome.

Dan~

·
Registered
399 Posts
agent and scuba, are the JDM Spec C Pinks, then "pinks" everyone talks about? or are there other Pinks out there? just wondering cuz i just ordered "Pinks" and am hoping there aren't different versions....

·
Registered
804 Posts
STIml8n said:
agent and scuba, are the JDM Spec C Pinks, then "pinks" everyone talks about? or are there other Pinks out there? just wondering cuz i just ordered "Pinks" and am hoping there aren't different versions....
Yep, same ones. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
Steve your car looks awesome, i like the wingless look, as well as the drop that the pinks give you...

M

·
0 Posts
Every time ScubaSteve posts that pic, I get so jealous of his car!

is this wrong?

:D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Also I finally got the eibach and pink's spring rates in...

PINKS: 200 F, 185 R - according to gruppe-s
Eibach: 234F , 229 R

Rock on!!! :D man the eibachs feel good. That extra $200 I saved does too.

Robert~

·
Registered
804 Posts
I believe those spring rates are for the 02-03 STi, Gruppe S is wrong. I found this and it makes more sense.

stock WRX 5MT sedan is 163/119
stock WRX 4EAT sedan is 163/129
stock WRX 5MT wagon is 163/132
stock WRX 4EAT wagon is 163/144
stock USDM STI is 188/173
v7 STI "spec C" or "Type RA" is 217/190
the '02-'03 Pink STI springs are 215/~190
the '04 Pink STI springs are 257/217

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
o ok cool, i like the stiffer rear :D... that + rear sway and stock front sway today = LOTS of fun and OS. I love this car.

Robert~

·
Registered
195 Posts
waxdass said:
has anyone got the Tein s-type springs on their car ?
Need to know what uz rekon.
I had the new H&R 04 springs in my car and the felt great but lowered the car 1.3 F/R so the gap was still disproportionate, I went with Teins to get an even drop but the ride is terrible, much too stiff for comfort or performance(more stiff doesnt always mean better handling) I"ll keep them in until I can scrape enough for a good set of coil-overs.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Bad News: Evo RS is put into AS

One thing I don't like about the pinks is it does NOT level the wheel gap out. The front it still bigger. That pic of the silver STi I keep seeing doesn't have a wing or a spare, and is on an incline (not sure if that makes a diff) so it's balanced. But for the vast majority of STi with wing and spare, the is lowered overall, but you still have a bigger one up front.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The front is lower it just has a taller cut in the fender. Look at the line along the side of the car. The front is lower.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is it nessasary to buy the Rear Camber bolts? The cars pictured look awesome, but I was wondering if the camber on all 4 wheels are off postive or Negtive off from factory after beeing lowered. Did anyone get a print out of there aliment? post it up please.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I think it would be physically impossible to be off positive.... it has to be negative...

Cause... there's the wheel, and then the spring... and then the attachment point further back...

So if you raise the wheel and not the point where it attaches or "rotates" about the camber axis.... it would give you a negative camber....

I might be visualizing this incorrectly, and god knows I don't have the car to look at, so don't make me feel too stupid if I'm missing something..... but that's how I see it.... in my head.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts