IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've noticed that my car isn't level! it seems like the rear is a little lower than the front! Don't know why though. Even on an even surface of the road, I removed everything from the trunk and there it is! the wheel well in the rear clearly sits a little lower than the front!?!?!?! Anyone else got this going on??!?!?! I had the same problem w/ my '02 WRX..

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
This is normal... there are a bunch of cars that arent perfectly level... its just the way they are designed. Get some eibachs if you wanna level this out (1.2" fr/ .8" rear - drop). Dont sweat it.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
STiLL said:
Lately I've noticed that my car isn't level! I had the same problem w/ my '02 WRX..
how are you estimating this? if you're doing it by the space between the top of the wheel and the wheel arch (in the fender), then you should know that the rear wheel arch is lower than the front. this gives the illusion of the front being higher.

you see the front arch is almost an inch higher than the rear.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's due to the design of the car. The wheelwell is actually larger in front to accomodate the wheel turning. Look at the 99 and earlier BMW 3 series, the have the a similar design. You can check by measureing the radius of both front and rear wheelwells. Also if you think it's lower than it's supposed to be I would measure the wheel gap on level ground and compare notes with other STI owners.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i only noticed it from a distance, but you guys are right; it's actually the space between the tire and fender that are different! The car (on closer inspection) is perfectly level! Pretty cool illusion!! Thx guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts