IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a phenomenon with modern cars? I could not figure out why this would occur besides poor fuel/poor fuel conditions.
It's running fine otherwise but I have been getting large magnitude fine knock readings while cruising at other times also. Interestingly, the fine knock readings go away under any load. For whatever this is worth, I have always lived in the south. I don't know about bad winter conditions and fuel additives or anything like that. Are there solutions put into fuel for extremely low temperatures?
I'll post the picture I snagged for reference.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Its been pretty cold here in NJ, 32 degrees and below. My DAM has stayed at 1.0 year round without change due to weather. The other day it was 45 and nothing changed. Looking at the anxietyport, yours recorded -4.2 FBK. Not really that great but i would guess it would depend on how and when it occurred.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its been pretty cold here in NJ, 32 degrees and below. My DAM has stayed at 1.0 year round without change due to weather. The other day it was 45 and nothing changed. Looking at the anxietyport, yours recorded -4.2 FBK. Not really that great but i would guess it would depend on how and when it occurred.
Just driving.. I think peak boost on my drive to work was like -3 lol. I usually just cruise around with the car in mode and then this happens. The dam always stays at one except for two instances now. However sometimes the fine knock learn will go as low as -11 then back to 0 under load. Women are easier to understand than this car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It has risen back to .688 now but I still havent gotten a chance to get a new tank of fuel. If anyone has any ideas on some good parameters to data log I would appreciate it. If the car is on its way out, I'd like to know so I dont unbox the parts I ordered. I dont really know how prevalent "bad gas" is but this is something I would like to understand and know if it's the culprit. I added some "octane booster" and there's no change (as expected, was just curious).

Edit: MAF voltage readings should show an error correlation in certain circumstances from what I have gathered. I wanted to add this before searching in case someone stops in :) That might be a useful value to log.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts