IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The march economic data just came out. 6 out of 10 indicators were decreasing which is bad. There arent many jobs and the ones with jobs are scared due to cut backs and layoffs. With these problems going on I think most people's minds are going to shift away from the STI and back into their empty pockets. I am projecting within 3 months of the STI coming out, demand will significantly drop. I myself might let go of my number 1 spot at the largest orlando subaru dealership for maybe number 3 or 4 just to let things die down. Subaru is going to be in a hell of a trouble if they come out with a high pricing schedule for the STI, and those dealers that do charge above msrp, i feel bad because they are going to get burnt.

What does all this mean, dont fret if your rich and you can afford the STI, but if your like me and cant afford one penny over MSRP, i doubt we have to worry to much. Heck we might be going into another recession. In the critque of Greenspan, Fed might have to cut interest rates again and heck they even have an emergency plan! to drastically cut interest rates. If the fed rate drops to .5%, it will actually cost money to save. You put money into the bank you will get less back. Sucks being poor..

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Your analysis is pretty narrow minded. Just because indicators are going down doesn't mean they will continue to do so. There is way too much to such a discussion, but I firmly believe that the next 6 months or so will see the economy of the world, not just the US, turn around significantly.

That aside....just because indicators are there doesn't mean people are going to stop all commerce. I really don't care what the general economy is when it comes to buying this car. If I have the money, I'm going to buy it. Each person has their own employment situation, but just because unemployment is high.....people forget the other side. 5% unemploy means 95% are employed. Thousands of people involved...sure, but thousands out of millions.....rather small.

The general car market may come down a little, but cars in such short demand as this car won't be affected.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yeah. The economic conditions are important, but I think a little to general.

By rights I should be cutting back, but I'm doing anything but. I guess my spending slowed down a bit at first, but it didn't take long to get back into it.

Come on everybody - we need to buy lots of stuff (like STi's) and get the economy moving!

It's a vicious circle - economy bad, few people spend, economy worse so fewer people spend, making economy even worse... you get the picture. Also works the other way around...

Of course there's a lot more to it than that... :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I don't think people really see the big picture when they start hearing news on the economy. This indicator down......growth fell so much....

Look at the big picture. So the economy didn't grow at the expected rate. It didn't GROW....that doesn't mean it withdrew.

The overall economy really doesn't effect things as bad as people are made to think sometimes. If the economy goes a little bad...that doesn't mean the world stops buying cars. If it did, it would be a Great Depression again. We are no where near that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts